Search results

1. Eneko

Interesting new Moondrop product- DSP equipped IEM cable

If this is possible (at this price), I wonder how long it takes to start seeing more DACs with PEQ (for extra 30USD)... I'm looking at you Topping...
  2. Eneko

SCH-REMOTE Digital VU/Spectrum Meter Review

Just ordered one :) thank you for the review!
  3. Eneko

Roon 2.0 Launched Today - Adds Mobile Listening

Mmnnn… Probably I’m doing something wrong, but I can’t see the way to play artists randomly using the new app… Do you know if it is possible?
  4. Eneko

WiiM Mini Streamer

I solved a similar problem connecting the Apple TV 4K via SPDIF using a Bluestream SW21AB-V2 and a WiiM Mini via toslink to a Minidsp flex. The Bluestream works fantastic, I had some issues with other audio extractors and the 4K image quality, but this one works perfect, and you have another...
  5. Eneko

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I have mine (digital version also) connected to the Topping E30 :)
  6. Eneko

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

A quick tip for Mac users. lf Dirac is not able to connect to internet, stop the airplay receiver option in system preferences and (I don’t know why but l had to do it) restart both the flex and Dirac
  7. Eneko

miniDSP Flex

Just received mine :-) It’s the digital version. Works smoothly. Now… let’s see if I can find time to go deep into the rabbit hole
  8. Eneko

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Sorry, but I think it is contradictory... 1% distortion is around 40dB, no? the speakers itself will have higher distortion (<600Hz) when the amp puts it at 96 dB SPL (and the amp will be able to put it to 98.5 before it clips itself), so... the sound will not be good anyway... but not because...
  9. Eneko

yep, this is why I tried to do the numbers with 36W, but it will still be able to drive the speakers at at 98.5 dB SPL (LS50 meta, 83dB SPL, for clarification)... So, well above the limit of what the speaker can tolerate...
  10. Eneko

Thank you for the answer but I don't think that I am understanding it, if the speaker can't handle anything above 86dB SPL (1m) without falling apart... why would you want an amp able to drive it further (and this will do it at >98dB SPL)?
  11. Eneko

Sorry for the probably silly question but there is something that I don't think I am understanding correctly (I have always owned active systems, so I am new to the speaker-amp pairing)... I am tempted to buy a pair of KEF LS50 meta and this amp to drive them, but I have some concerns...
  12. Eneko

miniDSP Flex

Digital version ordered! :-)
  13. Eneko

miniDSP Flex

They have just added the digital version (still saying that all of them are out of stock, https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/flex), at no extra cost... what means that the +DAC and -DAC options cost (probably) the same.
  14. Eneko

Topping M50

OK, I was completely unaware about this one! https://hifigo.com/collections/new-arrival/products/topping-m50-digital-music-player Not my cup of tea, but if this means that EQ (hopefully PEQ) is going to arrive to other topping products, a very much welcome product
  15. Eneko

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Hi Vik, as a Qudelix user, I think that if you consider the system as a whole, it is unlikely that the the Qudelix is the bottleneck. Probably the headphones have greater distortion than the little dac/amp. At least in my case, I value more its EQ ability than a probably inaudible benefit on...
  16. Eneko

The World's First Power Amplifier with SINAD over 120!!!

In my case probably way less than 120db but just in case: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audibility-thresholds-of-amp-and-dac-measurements.5734/. As pointed out by our colleague, I would love to not think about it anymore.
  17. Eneko

I disagree. I would really like to have a transparent amp. Unfortunately I can’t afford (don’t want to spend) 3K on one. If this one is able to deliver for around 1K (assuming it provides enough power), then I may gain a new amp ;-)
  18. Eneko

Well… not many power amps can be considered transparent (or fully transparent) and, if this one has a reasonable price, it may be able to push and shape the market for better and more reasonable priced power amps. I think we all may gain with it :-)
  19. Eneko

miniDSP Flex

Mid Q1 according to their website (I’m also waiting for it…)
Top Bottom