Search results

1. S

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

For a variety of mostly user experience based reasons I have wanted to get rid of my Benchmark DAC for a handful of years. Its a fascinating insight into my psychology that despite there now being a clear thing to buy, I struggle to do so since my brain doesn't quite allow me to believe the...
  2. S

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

I realised its a stupid question as the TV should input into the DAC shouldn't it (as it does at the moment into my Benchmark)... I just wish a DAC could remember the amount of volume attenuation coming from a channel as the Pre90 does.
  3. S

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

This is so great, but why on earth doesn't it include a streaming function like Spotify connect or Roon Ready! Argh!!!!
  4. S

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Can anyone make any suggestions as to how I connect my TV to this? Because it remembers volume settings of different inputs its perfect! But my TV can only output optically or by HDMI.....
  5. S

Review and Measurements of Benchmark DAC3

Thanks so much for sharing this info!
  6. S

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Is there a way to bypass the DAC? I've been looking for something for a while to add to my Benchmark DAC2 HGC. Is SINAR only a measurement to look at if you are using the DAC in the device? Do you have to pay any attention to SINAR for a device when you are only using it as a steamer? If I...
  7. S

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Can anyone tell me how you can assess the quality of the volume control as part of these reviews? I currently have the Benchmark DAC2HGC and I am thinking about replacing with this. Thanks!
  8. S

Review and Measurements of Benchmark DAC3

Hi Amrin, what do you mean by the higher output level being useful for room EQ? What does higher output level even mean in this context? Thanks!
  9. S

Measuring the quality of pre amp sections/volume control?

Hello everyone Forgive my ignorance, but do the reviews include this? I see some products have things like digital volume control, with no way of measuring, and I also see reviews of the Benchmark Dacs but with no review of their analogue volume control. Am I missing something?
  10. S

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

This product is awful from a user perspective, don't buy. If you use Spotify Connect there is like a 5 second or more delay when changing tracks! The Pimare NP5 was also terrible. The only great experience was the Cambridge Audio CVN on everything I am demoing. It works perfectly.
  11. S

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

Can anyone tell me what is the relevance of signal noise for a streamer? Isn't it irrelevant if it is plugging into my DAC? Won't my DAC get rid of the noise? Thanks
  12. S

Neutrik SpeakerON and PowerCON

What is a channel, in technical terms?
  13. S

How is it possible to tell what my amp (the Hypex NC400 would need). What do the numbers actually represent?
  14. S

But how do I know which position is on and which is off? Which cable goes into the switch? Just the live in and out?
  15. S

My understanding is that you can still use a 4 pole for 2 pole? If that is the case, does it just mean I use +1 and -1?
  16. S

Hi JW, thanks so much for this. With the power con, I understand the live, neutral and ground, as that's the same as my existing IEC (and I assume every IEC), but I don't understand how to integrate it to the on off switch above? With the speakerON, what I don't understand is why I have four...
  17. S

I am in a bit of a jam and need some help. I have been running NC400 for a couple of years in Ghent Audio cases and all is well. I got them to produce a speakerON and PowerCON version for me which they now sell on the site. As I've been moving cities this has been an unfinished project for a...
Top Bottom