Search results

1. M

Two Amps - the specs

Looking at a Yamaha AS-301 and a Denon PMA-600NE. I am sure every maker is optimistic in their specs, but the specs are what they are. Yamaha says .019% THD and signal to noise ratio of 99. Denon says THD is .07% and signal to noise is 105. How do you all balance these numbers? I'm open to other...
  2. M

Non PI4 "Jukebox"

I've seen several people talk about "Streamers" and I am not 100% sure what all they do. I see the pi4 is popular but I was thinking of a Windows desktop "jukebox" because pi4 seems like a lot of new knowledge that I do not necessarily need. I would save files on the hard drive of a Windows...
  3. M

DAC Explanation

So I am a bit confused by DAC (I know that they convert digital...) I have a collection of LP's, CD's and mp3's. Call it 100 LP's, 250 CD's, 2500 mp3's. I also listen to YouTube. I know that the LP's need not pass through a DAC. The mp3's reside on my PC. If they come out the 3.5 mm jack I...
  4. M

Computer to TV Sound

I connect my PC to my TV with an HDMI cord. Video works great. I thought HDMI also carried sound but the TV does not show up in my Windows 10 "Sound" settings. I could run an audio or USB cable but I was sure that HDMI carried the sound. Follow me for more newbie questions
Top Bottom