Search results

1. 5

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

Hello all. I am planning to get a pair of these R3 Meta for my new living room setup. The system will be built around some type of current Denon receiver and my 65" Sony A90J OLED. I'm attempting to find a sweet spot between a proper surround sound system and a more "normal" living room...
  2. 5

New bedroom setup, punch-list. MiniDSP optimization order of operations?

Ah. Fair question. In this case, no. The A90J is specifically designed to take a speaker level input and produce a pretty competent sound. I've listened to it for a while and for a bedroom center channel it's quite remarkable how well it does for people like me that are sensitive to speaker...
  3. 5

New bedroom setup, punch-list. MiniDSP optimization order of operations?

I am currently out of town, away from my home where a beautiful brand new, Value Electronics calibrated Sony A90J OLED panel sits waiting. Before I left for work 2 weeks ago I had spent all of my free time playing around with my new MiniDSP 10x10HD and SVS SB-1000 Pro subs. I'm hoping to get...
  4. 5

PCM "sample accuracy" in modern speakers.

Right. I have owned Danley Labs SH69. So I know this path... I just don't know enough to educate. Thanks!
  5. 5

Also, I want to point out that I like this teacher/personality quite a bit. :) I just want to be sure he is armed with the best understanding of this.
  6. 5

I guess what I'm talking about is exactly this: Transient Response. So.. whwre does a prosumer studio monitor such as the JBL LSR305 rank in the category of Transient Response. Is there measurements from NFS tests done here that can show this?
  7. 5

This is a very thoughtful and thorough reply. I think I misrepresented my confusion a little bit. Or, I felt his mention of 2 "samples" was interesting. But in general, if I understand this other parties opinion [which they believe to be fact and are trying to teach others] is that better...
  8. 5

I am a bit confused about "fast" drivers/speakers/woofers etc. I don't think I'm alone there. I lean towards the camp of... its marketing speak. Someone proposed a decent question since we are both interested in sound-design and mix engineering. "Can X speaker reproduce a 2 sample long...
  9. 5

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Does anyone know if the 8030C is the same driver/crossover design as the 8030A? I would assume much was done to "upgrade", but I own the 8030A and I really have no clue.
  10. 5

Subwoofer Comparison

I'm curious why you would do that. I'm fairly convinced of the research done at Harmon. The 4 corner sub placement should work quite well. My Genelecs are totally acceptable, especially when crossed over at 80Hz. Of course the 310s will be a welcome upgrade, but 2 x 750s don't seem to be able to...
  11. 5

Subwoofer Comparison

I saw a post above about needing balanced.. To anyone unfamiliar, I recommend grabbing some Rane BB22 units on eBay. Great for this. Exactly what I plan to do. On to my question. First of all, thank you for the spreadsheet! Wow. What a wonderful resource. I'm pretty sure that I have it...
  12. 5

Danley Studio 2

Any updates here? 1 year on... surely someone has heard them
  13. 5

Big 2-way - cardoid

I want to build these too...
  14. 5

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

Interesting point. I am certainly attracted by the initial msrp/big discount. But. What makes the older 3 way design better than the new 2 way? It would seem, reading this thread, that they've engineered a better system with this new line. Having the 3 way leads to potential phase issues...
  15. 5

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

Has anyone listened to the matching center? I'm looking to get into a scalable surround setup that I develop over the next year or so. I have an old Polk Monitor 5 channel setup.. since we are confined to a bedroom [yet still rocking an 85" screen with a BenQ Ht3550 projector] I've only been...
Top Bottom