Search results

1. Manojrc

miniDSP Flex

Couldn't read the entire thread , but can someone please tell me the difference between Flex and SHD Studio? I already have RME Dac. Understand that SHD studio is Digital out only, but if I buy Flex with Analog out, probably, I could replace RME with it. But I'm little confused. Which will offer...
  2. Manojrc

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Still an overkill for my speakers which has a sensitivity of 100 dB !!!
  3. Manojrc

WTB: miniDSP SHD Studio in San Jose/CA

Dear All, As title says. Payment method : PayPal with buyer/seller protection ( Strictly non negotiable ). Thanks -M
  4. Manojrc

JBL M2 versus 4367 Shootout

What was the reason to pick 5628 instead of SUB18? Also why do you think SUB18 offers better extenstion? 5628 offers 24 Hz @-3dB and SUB18 gives 23Hz @-6dB !!
  5. Manojrc

So basically the ‘Cobranet’ is nothing but an Ethernet port?!!!
  6. Manojrc

Surprisngly, SUB18 is more expensive than 5628 in India !!! 5628 is marketed as a cinema sub. Wondering whether it makes sense to use it in an average home.. On a separate note, what's the best way to connect a PC to iTech-5000 HD amp? Buy a miniDSP SHD studio? Or something equivalent?
  7. Manojrc

Anyone familiar with 5628 sub? Dealer doesn't have SUB18 in stock and he recommended 5628 instead..
  8. Manojrc

Linkwitz LX521 or JBL M2 ??

Excellent!!! Exactly the kinda info I was looking for. Thank you…!!
  9. Manojrc

Hey Paul, I'm in the process of getting M2 and Crown i-Tech 5000amps. The info you provided is very helpful. Now on the SUB18, can you please elaborate little more? What I understrand from your post is that the improvement we hear by adding a SUB18 is not significant enough to justfy the added...
  10. Manojrc

Help - Dirac Live 3/Roon/PC integration question

Both are 2 channel DACs !! Looks like a miniDSP SHD Studio is the easy (& expensive) solution. Thanks Kal..
  11. Manojrc

Can we use stereo with dual subwoofers if I buy multi Chanel suite? In such case, how do I feed separate LF signals to subwoofers?( 2.2 configuration). What I'm trying to do is to avoid buying a H/W like miniDSP SHD but expecting same functionality from a Dirac running PC and DACs ( I've an RME...
  12. Manojrc

DSP technology is still evolving & class D tech too. A built in active XOver & amp is kind of limiting options to try out various components. System like D&D is more of a closed one than an M2..
  13. Manojrc

Isn’t the other way around ? A passive XOver limits the options..,
  14. Manojrc

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

I hear nothing, absolutely nothing from my speakers even if I keep my ears next to the driver. The sensitivity of it is 100 dB @8 ohm & being driven by RME/Yamaha A-S500 combo. The SNR of the Yamaha is 100 dB. Does it mean that I don’t get any benefit if I move to AHB2 from Yamaha other than an...
  15. Manojrc

Accuphase DG-68

Question.. Does Dirac do more or less the same ? Not that I could afford a DG-58/68, but just to feel good if Diract does 99% of what DG does :)
  16. Manojrc

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

What's the benefits of a LA4 & AHB2 combo over a Pre-amp DAC like RME & AHB2 combo? I have an RME, use it as DAC & pre-amp and consider buying AHB2 and wondering what will be the additional benefit I get if I add LA4 also in the chain. Btw, I've no intention to use multiple souces. Roon->RME...
  17. Manojrc

Pc or streamer.

Hi Kal, Can you please tell what does ‘PC audio, done’ correctly mean? I use Roon in PC, and (with your kind help), configured Dirac which feeds in to RME dac (USB) that flows to amp. How anyone can possible do it in a bad (incorrect ) way? Is there any better way to do in my case? Thanks
  18. Manojrc

Everything works fine, but noiced slight uncentered stereo image. Also DLP shows -1.2 db left gain & 0.1ms Right delay.
  19. Manojrc

Excellent. It works now !! Thank you. I could see 'Dirac' in Roon !! Created the foter and now everything works.. But for whatever the reason, the sound level of 'Dirac' ouput is way too low. When I checked the 'Master Output' level on DL3 in 'Volume Calibration' stage, I see the default is set...
  20. Manojrc

Thanks Kal. Just to check, I did a quick ( & dirty) measurement and created a filter ( Export filter??). Now I assume that this needs to be 'imported/added' in to Roon. Is that so?
Top Bottom