Search results

1. 0hm357aW

Premium Audio Mini GaN 5 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

I'm still enjoying my Mini GaN 5. Once the warranty ends I'm dreaming about changing voltage input to a toroidal type with a graphene super capacitor DC voltage bank just for fun.
  2. 0hm357aW

No. You are side stepping my questions and apoear to be trying to embarass me. I'm not embarrassed in the slightest and thanks for giving tip on testing instrument used.
  3. 0hm357aW

I didn't read about what exact instrument device was used for the testing. I read the review. I don't understand the tool, conditions, or logic behind the test. I'm not embarrassed. A good explanation of the instrumentation and methods for this test would be beneficial... Also was the...
  4. 0hm357aW

Yes I greatly enjoy mine. It sounds great to my ears. I think its enclosure is functional as well as the heatsinks that do make contact with hot spots on mine. Also in a dark room its enclosure emits out a beautiful pattern of blue light from the pcb leds that reflects off of the nearby...
  5. 0hm357aW

Maybe the instrimentation device used to measure isn't applicable to this amp technology. Any music listening impressions?
  6. 0hm357aW

Green PCB board? Did it have the wire bound coil inductors or the ceramic chip inductors?
  7. 0hm357aW

Got a dud. The review included problems with getting it to work which makes me think this particular Mini Gan 5 has a problem and shouldn't be used as sample for the review. Has unknown, unidentified fault.
  8. 0hm357aW

Looks like you got a dud based on problems you reported.
  9. 0hm357aW

What cables do you use in your systems?

Both Gotham wires look good. The Mogami 2534 are similar to the 11301 with 4 individual conductors but with main difference being Mogami has larger copper wire size overall. (Mogami 4x24AWG.). Other interesting difference is design of insulation jackets of each conductor and the shield...
  10. 0hm357aW

Premium Audio Mini Gan 5 Balanced Power Amplifier

I had been emailing Class D Audio for months about their TPA3255 DIY amp board and then in February I saw the Gan Amp 5 on their Premium Audio WEB site and emailed them and then I began to get good communication with Tom the owner and from there its been very good communication and service. It...
  11. 0hm357aW

Update. Put the M200 and Mini GaN Amp 5 stack behind a monitor. My corner of the house. Nice and clean with a good sound and view to the world.
  12. 0hm357aW

Those are them. Mine sound great. I think they could possibly use a good outer finish to fill in all the gaps. As is the enclosure breathes alot and sound beautifully natural to my ears. I'm thinking about finishing them but I think it may change the pleasant sound.
  13. 0hm357aW

What cables do you use in your systems?

I usually go with best I can afford but stay away from ones that just seem like high priced "snake oil" products. I recently just bought my first XLR DAC and XLR Amp. I used an affordable Monoprice well reviewed RCA cable and the sound is awesome... but in an effort to maximize audio quality...
  14. 0hm357aW

One more update. Premium Audio was kind enough to email me a photo of the PCB + separate power supply guts of the Mini Gan 5 amp. There is a warranty void sticker for removing the screws for disassembly on the Mini Gan 5 and that is why I didn't share a photo of mine. Looks very simple and...
  15. 0hm357aW

Another update. After some brain storming for a stand for this gear I came up with the following. 1x Besign LS10 adjustable aluminum laptop stand with the arms remounted for inside clearance to fit the S.M.S.L M200 below. Color choice black. 1x Monosaudio SP401OG (set of four nice metal feet...
  16. 0hm357aW

I tried out my 100W Klipsch RP-250F speakers and they can drive them no problem and sound great as well. :) Photo for reference with the Klipsch RP-250F speaker set up. You can really see how nice and tiny the foot print of the Min Gan 5 amp is. A standard size Denon X2200W receiver is in the...
  17. 0hm357aW

Sorry I'm not willing to part with my new amp. It would be neat to see how it stacks up against the other amps that have been tested by amirm though. The only scientific testing that I know of that has been done is listed in the photos on the manufacturer's WEB site. From the manufacturer's...
  18. 0hm357aW

Just got one and it sounds fantastic paired with a SMSL M200 DAC. Best my speakers have ever sounded. Love the small footprint too. Got them set up temporarily on a bed just for testing with RCA cables and a notebook. Making some balanced XLR cables for the DAC to the amplifier.
  19. 0hm357aW

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

Looks magnificent. Does it have a balanced signal input option?
Top Bottom