Search results

1. ceut

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

@KEW So, after 90min with moderate volume level, the TMP1 value stuck at 114 (it was at 106 after 30min on horizontal position...). The FLIR photos confirm your theory: the WXA-50 is clearly made for being in vertical position. On the external metal part, I have not reached 40°C. As...
  2. ceut

Ok, I have found the Temperature Sensor Location: it is in the Network module...behind the AUX Left IN/OUT (on the PCB called "MAIN(2)"). Not good at all because it's the IcePower board which is hot :rolleyes: Also, @KEW, I'm testing the vertical position for about 1 hour now, and the unit is...
  3. ceut

Hello, The 122 number is the raw value of the Temperature sensor (a LM19) , taken from the ADC of the main Toshiba MCU (the TMPM462F15FG) for managing the Fan, and over temperature Protection. Here a screenshot of what I have now with power down (I have erased all MAC): In my room, the...
  4. ceut

Yes, good idea ! For me, the place where I would like to leave my WXA-50 is on that side. I will do that tonight, and if there is lot of difference, I will see how I can change the place where it will be. Also, I have checked the T° on the Service Info, it was powered off all night, and I have...
  5. ceut

Some photos after half an hour running without sound: >From the outside: >Inside, after cover removal: The transformer is at more than 66°C ! And without any sound on speaker.... The "A/D Monitor" is at "TMP1: 108" Also, all (japanese) capacitors are very hot on the IcePower board.. So not...
  6. ceut

Hello, I'm new here. I have bought a brand new Yamaha WXA-50, since 1 week. It sounds great, I use it with my computer/firefox to control it. I have the same problem as everyone: heat produced on the left side. So I have found the Service Manual, and the power part is a B&O Ice Power module ...
Top Bottom