Search results

1. virtua

Why do amplifiers with a high output impedance have trouble delivering power/current to low impedance speakers/headphones?

Hi everyone, I've read about damping factor, and how it relates to the control of drivers, and the corresponding changes that it can make to a frequency response based on the impedance curves of the amp and drivers. However, I've always noticed that amplifiers which have a high output...
  2. virtua

At what point does damage to connector terminals or connectors negatively affect signal quality?

Hi guys, I haven't been able to find any information on this, but it got me thinking. Can corrosion, scratches or any other types of superficial damage to terminals or connectors negatively affect the signal quality? or are cables a matter of, if they have continuity end to end it should be...
  3. virtua

Differing volume levels between voltage matched sources

Hi guys, So I've been using an Asus Xonar DGX soundcard for a very long time, and I've become very familiar and comfortable with some volume settings on there that I generally use day to day. However, I'd just gotten a Meizu Hifi DAC, TempoTec Sonata HD Pro, Apple USBC to 3.5mm dongle to...
  4. virtua

Topping L30 vs inbuilt Tempotec Sonata HD Pro amp

Hi Everyone, So I've recently purchased a Tempotec Sonata HD Pro based on it's performance and low price. I'm quite happy with it in terms of how it sounds, the features that it has and it drives all the headphones I own well beyond any level I would realistically listen to. Although, I've been...
Top Bottom