Search results

1. virtua

Looking for Affordable DAC With Specific Features

Usually a proper test with an analyser will give us more reliable information than specs, but if we are to trust the specs sheet - converting the THD 0.12% at 1 watt (which provides the lowest distortion) to decibels gives us -58 db. I'm guessing hum will be 78db as per the specs which...
  2. virtua

Sorry, I had no idea about these reported issues. If that's the case, then it might be safer to go with another option. Honestly, most everything that comes from a decent brand is good these days performance wise, you're better off vetting for reliability. We are well above 100db SINAD now...
  3. virtua

I would go for the SMSL SU-1 personally, should do everything you ask and has performance well beyond enough to be transparent sounding.
  4. virtua

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

Personally I really like the KZ Castor (Silver/Harman version), specifically UUDD setting. Close compliance with Harman and sounds great for very little money.
  5. virtua

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

What a great time to be an audio enthusiast
  6. virtua

Down4Sound JP95 Car Amplifier Review

The average install for this amplifier will be someone running a 1ohm sub (900w) and probably either 4x 4 ohm speakers (120w each) or 2x 4 ohm bridged (400w each), in any case when listening at lower volume on the road I think amplifier noise will be a non issue, but the kind of people (car...
  7. virtua

Best value DAC for Sennheiser HD 650?

Try the Apple Type C to 3.5mm dongle adapter first, it's cheap enough to give it a shot and gives a much cleaner output than the Dragonfly's.
  8. virtua

self powered DAC's and AMPS

Have a look at the Focusrite Clarett+ range.
  9. virtua

Hifiman Ananda Stealth V2 Headphone Review

I'm guessing the better graphed bass has to do either with 1. the new Ananda being less picky about seal (which would indeed be an important upgrade). or 2. Might have been seated on the fixture for better seal this time. (Didn't want to mention it and beat the dead horse about it though...
  10. virtua

Amp and DAC needed?

The only reason for you to upgrade will be if you need more volume or features. An amp or DAC can't scale or blossom with different headphones, if something meets the requirements of being audibly transparent, it will sound exactly the same as anything else which is audibly transparent. Going...
  11. virtua

It's quite annoying to be honest. A little while ago their lineup made a little bit of sense. You had the Ananda using a similar diaphragm to the Sundara - but it got you the 'egg-shaped' form factor and the bigger drivers, the Arya was using the diaphragm from the HE1000 series and had a better...
  12. virtua

I've had the SR60 and SR225e before, and subjectively the SR225e was much worse to me. It was brighter and had absolutely no bass extension, and it didn't even give any impression that the sound quality was better in any way either.
  13. virtua

Doesn't look too exciting as an upgrade from the non Stealth version. Looks like the group delay and distortion looks better than the previous model, but the coherency between 4k to 9k is not quite as good as the previous model, having a significant dip at 5.5k. Power required to get to 94db is...
  14. virtua

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

IEM cables with mics tend to have a higher resistance, but it's impossible for it to affect this IEM's FR because this IEM has a flat impedance curve.
  15. virtua

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

I reckon this would be a great option for people who don't want to wear the cable around their ear, as I think this one hangs down (or atleast the option is there). I might consider getting this one actually since I was looking for more of a bullet type IEM like that. I'd be interested to see...
  16. virtua

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

I can definitely see that. For me, I had a HE1000V2 for a little while (which is tuned a little more similarly to the Susvara, being a little more neutral, particularly in the mid treble) and deliberated on whether I should keep my Arya V2 or the HE1000V2. In the end I couldn't let up the Arya...
  17. virtua

I was talking more in broader strokes. I know this is the Susvara thread but I wasn't referencing this headphone directly, I don't own and have never actually listened to this headphone. But I see in this thread people actively defending this headphone, some even taking offense, people saying...
  18. virtua

One of the hardest things for me as an objectivist is reconciling and trying to make sense why a lot of headphones I love measure like s#!t. Though it was never a problem for me to accept it as is. I'm more than happy enough to have saved bucket-loads of money already from getting out of the...
Top Bottom