Search results

1. J

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

No, "haut parleur" (loudspeaker in French)
  2. J

Xiaomi Mi Box as a streamer?

Android beyond 11 seemed to break usb audio. The new release is supposed to finally fix that. I don't know if in your case you can roll back to 11.
  3. J

Xiaomi Mi Box as a streamer?

The Tidal app for Android worked around the 48 kHz "choke point" (resampling) on Android based devices. No UAPP needed for Tidal.
  4. J

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

I LIKE the volume control. In future it might be a good idea to provide a volume "bypass" switch to fully satisfy some users.
  5. J

WiiM Ultra

10-12 'band' PEQ is the clincher for me. A "line-in". USB "digital out". True balanced out, XLR and/or TRS. 1or 2 Subwoofer outs. Adjustable "high pass" in main analog output if possible.
  6. J

WiiM Ultra

Or TRS balanced output. Quite a few devices already offer this.
  7. J

VTA ST-70 Review (Stereo Tube Amplifier)

Dynaco preamps drew their power through these octal sockets.
  8. J

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

10 band PEQ is ideal. (Oratory1990, Crinacle and other EQ profiles for headphones) I hope you can maintain it at 10.
  9. J

Let Your Voice Help Us Make an All-In-One

A, but with digital input for external CD transport. (You can offer a matching CD transport. That would be convenient and look very nice) Headphone amp + audio out + subwoofer out. Headphone amp should be "sufficient", at least at DX3pro+ level in SINAD and power.
  10. J

Are we hitting a bump in the golden age of cheap audio electronics?

Companies such as Topping, SMSL, Fosi, WiiM etc have a clear run ahead of them in the amplifier segment: Fosi's success with the v3 and their recently released higher power bridged devices are pointing the way. Topping has broken the barrier for reference grade audio amplification at affordable...
  11. J

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

It would have to be compared to LCD-5, Susvara, Utopia, etc
  12. J

Newbie with beginner budget and love for lower bass freqs undecided between BR03 and DBR-62

DBR62: very good and neutral for the price. BR03: wonky resonances and jaggedy FR. Linton 85: they cost twice as much, it's a different tier.
  13. J

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

50 Hz. But it will overdrive your inputs. ;-)
  14. J

Topping PA5 fix - D01 Module Replacement for everyone

IP protection, and it's legitimate, but it caused more problems than it prevented. If they hadn't used potting material the PA5 would have "taken over the world". It was the right amp at the right time and it would have had massive sales. Topping's image would not have taken a hit. It would have...
  15. J

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

That's the whole point, e.g: the Pre90 or A90 (just mentioning things that I use) do a much better job at a fifth of the price. Obviously technology moves forward. Paravicini is a good (maybe even great?) engineer of the sixties and seventies ...but even then a basic Dynaco tube preamp did not...
  16. J

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

It's like a Morgan automobile. Impractical, obsolete, expensive. But some people like it. Not very many, this stuff is not built in large numbers.
  17. J

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

It's always wise to purchase from outlets with a good return policy and/or are located in places with good consumer protection regulation.
  18. J

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Waiting a bit is a good idea where amps are concerned. I will definitely get an A70 when issues are ironed out.
  19. J

Topping E70 randomly went to MAX volume..

If you lower volume at the digital source you will be reducing bit depth. Or am I missing something? Quality volume control (stepped resistors, etc) in the analog domain is always preferable. But in a situation like yours by all means DO lower volume at digital source. Just in case. Yes, buy a...
Top Bottom