Search results

1. R

Motional Feedback (MFB)?

They are the Genesis 2 model. This is just a pic of the speakers, and mine are not for sale...
  2. R

Motional Feedback (MFB)?

Has anyone ever looked at the Genesis woofers with servo feedback. These are getting old and wondering how we might upgrade them with the old enclosure.
  3. R

WTB: Topping D90

Any pictures? Whats the cost, and I only do PayPal for purchases. Thanks, Mark
  4. R

Tidal’s New Lossless Tier Says Goodbye to MQA (but does it really?)

I'd bet Bob has taken a beating internally every time he has to justify a lie. But he may not have any morals left and only cares about the money. Hell, his credibility is shot with thousands online.
  5. R

Still looking for one.
  6. R

Why Are Audiophiles so Bound and Determined to Make Others Waste Money

Head over to Whats best and look at all the dick swinging regarding cables, routers, LPS, and a host of other overpriced crap. Every added dollar or tweak somehow improves the playback. Any push-back is met with derision.
  7. R

Environmental impact of our hobby

These were the oil bath filters of long ago. The air flow made a 180 degree turn and passed over the oil which trapped the dirt particles. Filter media was usually a wire mesh. Washable and put it back together.
  8. R

Environmental impact of our hobby

Most people don't consider planned obsolescence as part of the manufacturing process. Plastic bottles, bags, and a host of throw away parts that are non-rebuildable. All part of the "let em buy another when it breaks/wears out". The old cars had a oil filled air filter that worked very well...
  9. R

Best low cost all digital stereo room correction?

I am not sure what the problem is with Foobar and its use. I set up Foobar with the convolver using the files generated with REW. Coverflow has been a nice addition and gives it a more updated look/feel. Most people only need to correct the low end response between 20 to 400hz or so. Math Audio...
  10. R

Bump. Anyone??
  11. R

Want to buy a Topping D90 in Black. Non MQA only. Thanks, MAK
  12. R

FS: Topping D90 in Excellent Condition (9/10) - With All Cables & Accessories. non-mqa

Looking for a black non MQA model. Your pics do not appear in this listing. Contact me. MAK
  13. R

The goals and functions of Mini DSP HD 2x4

You can use your laptop or PC to measure with REW. The cost: Zero. Next is a Umic-1 to measure with. If your receiver has built in room correction, look to see if the sub can be connected to it as well. What receiver do you have? MAK
  14. R

Critique my system upgrade

You could not differentiate the sub Left and Right output below 300 hz. There is no directionality to discern each channel. Case in point is my systems woofer towers. Does the Left column sound different to the Right? I honestly cannot tell. I would have tried to move one of the towers to the...
  15. R

Critique my system upgrade

Put your subs at opposite ends of the room and do a sweep with REW. I'd bet the null will flatten out at 63 and 71hz. REW room sim will show this as well. Your overall measurement may flatten out from 20 to 300 hz. MAK
  16. R

REW and Re-phase for dummies.

Here are some corrections I made from 15Hz to 300hz. I did not try to boost the dip in the Left channel at 74Hz. With the combined corrections the graph looks much better to me. Paul, I added the Left spectrogram with my corrections applied. Comments welcome.
  17. R

Paul, I hope that this is what you are asking for. I cannot attach the .mdat files to look at here. In the "target settings pane" are there specific settings I should be using for the low end correction. MAK
  18. R

Guys, I tried several times to correct the hump at 32hz and the loaded filter sounds bad. The bass columns are sealed, 4 drivers per column x 2. Not sure what the target settings should be. I am wanting to correct up to 300 hz. Crossover it at 85 hz. Phase at 5. Your input is appreciated. MAK
  19. R

Need help with left-biased soundstage (early reflection?)

Another source for coefficients:http://johnlsayers.com/Stuff/AbsorptionCoefficients.htm
  20. R

Here are some sweeps after moving the Bass columns around for the afternoon. A much improved response to me based on the sweeps taken. Next is how to correct the bottom end so I have some results that sound good. MAK
Top Bottom