Search results

1. carewser

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Vinyl's peak was 1979 when there were over a billion records sold that year but the medium's absence is far from brief according to this mini-documentary, it spans 20 years, from 1987-2007 so vinyl finally started it's recovery in 2007 and has been going strong ever since although LP sales in...
  2. carewser

It's funny how you mistook my confusion and bewilderment for anger, one F bomb does not mean i'm angry, I drop them with regularity to be honest and emphatic You said you, "listen to full res digital music" yet still cherish analog which means you've listened to an unblemished source yet you...
  3. carewser

Well then why are they at this site?
  4. carewser

Sal, what the hell is a "5.2.4 multich system"?
  5. carewser

While I haven't read all 407 posts so far, I've read dozens and I haven't seen anyone mention youtube so i'm wondering, am I the only one that uses youtube as their musical source? If that's true I feel pretty special
  6. carewser

My bad, it's been so long since I owned any CD's I'd forgotten they're 74 minutes each but my point remains, how long until one needs to flip an LP? 20 minutes? 22 minutes?
  7. carewser

Exactly, it's the revival of interest in it that confounds me given all of analog's shortcomings I have to assume much of it is sheeple mentality, that if someone sees other people with LP's and turntables then they think they should have them as well with little thought given to the pros and cons
  8. carewser

That's another benefit of CD's, they can play up to 90 minutes of music without interruption and with the repeat function on they play the disc endlessly, pressing autoplay on youtube keeps playing an endless and mixed array of videos, my only complaint with youtube is the varying dynamics of...
  9. carewser

Hahahaha, at least coke makes you feel good for a while, vinyl not so much
  10. carewser

Were Paul Klipsch alive today he would like your perspective because he named his heresy speaker for similar reasons I remember hearing similar arguments in the late '80's for LP's only people back then used ethereal terms to describe the sonic benefits of analog but it just seemed to me that...
  11. carewser

As much of a digiphile as I am and have turned my back on analog a long time ago (so Matt and I disagree about our chosen formats), there's got to be more to it than just bearded, man-bun, trend-seeking hipsters buying turntables and LP's because i'm sure plenty of folks on reddit that proudly...
  12. carewser

I'm a member of a couple of reddit audiophile threads where people post pictures of their rigs and most of the time they include turntables and every time I see one my mind is blown because I outgrew vinyl only a few years after buying my first CD player in the '80's. Back then I had a tape...
  13. carewser

AudioQuest NRG-X3 Review (AC Power Cord)

Greatest duper of all was Monster, they're probably a billion dollar company now and they started peddling the snake oil with their cables and wires and because human echoic memory is so short, many people genuinely believed their cables/wires improved the sound
  14. carewser

Are you using a subwoofer/subwoofers?

Wow, bizarre My experience is exactly the opposite, subs fill out an otherwise sorely incomplete sonic picture
  15. carewser

Are you using a subwoofer/subwoofers?

I have 12 subwoofers so I doubt anyone here has more subwoofers than me although "only" 10 of them are hooked up. In fact i'm sure most stereo shops don't have 12 different subwoofers which is why, after posting pictures of my setup on reddit, people have suggested i'm mentally ill
  16. carewser

I've owned speakers by.....

This post clearly illustrates what a different income bracket i'm in than most of you as the most expensive speakers i've ever owned are less than what LTig uses for his desktop system
  17. carewser

Good point, I wouldn't have either Except there have been dozens (if not hundreds) of speaker manufacturers over the years and I wouldn't even know where to begin making that list. Just to give you an idea of how comprehensive the list would have to be, i've been into speakers for ~20 years and...
  18. carewser

This is a little test of your memories The first set of separate speakers I owned were by Yamaha in the '80's and my addiction began, although I had an extended sabbatical ~20 years from hi-fi when I got into computers. Logitech of all companies was the catalyst that got me back into speakers...
  19. carewser

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

I'm pretty sure I own the world's worst sounding loudspeakers: These things make my Logitech's sound like Focal Grande Utopia's
  20. carewser

Rythmik L12 Subwoofer Review

I don't blame you for replacing that chintzy Velodyne sub, I mean who could live with a sub that only goes down to 18hz and puts out a measly 1250 watts RMS? :eek: And I thought I was a basshead
Top Bottom