Search results

1. Q

A Raspberry Pi as a music server

Could you try moodeaudio to see if same issue persists? If it is then either your Pi or DAC has issue, not necessary all Pis
  2. Q

Focal Aria floorstander owners?

I hope I don't speak too soon but it seems like there's something about Focal Aria and Denon.....they sound amazing! That is comparing w a 6x more expensive system that I own. Let that sink in a a few minutes ;-) I have the Focal Aria 926 in a 13x12ft room with the back side of the wall wide...
  3. Q

F/S: sotm sms-200 ultra neo with sbooster $900 plus shipping to US and Canada. Firmed.

Update: the sbooster is not the official one, I just learned. Looks like it's a Chinese clone one. Price is still $900 plus shipping to US and Canada. Firmed.
  4. Q

F/S: sotm sms-200 ultra neo with sbooster $900 plus shipping to US and Canada. Firmed.

Like the title said...sotm sms-200 ultra neo, MC75, 12V in excellent condition. I will also include the Sbooster power supply so you're ready to go. Of course you still need the USB cable to connect to your DAC. $900 plus shipping to US and Canada. Price is firmed. Shipping weight is 6.4 lbs...
  5. Q

Class A amplifier

@rman9 check out Sean's comparing Luxman 550 and Unico Primo. Since you like tube preamp, this might be it for you.
  6. Q

A Raspberry Pi as a music server

Give moode or volumio a try. I find them easier navigate/setup than LMS once you got it installed. i use balenaEtcher to write image to sdcard.
  7. Q

DAC+Amp / AVR for Focal Aria 926

Thought I'd share mine as I have the Denon AVR 3700h and also Aria 926. I'm loving it with RME ADI-2FS Pro!!! I had the Lyngdorf tdai-3400 for few months, this lyngdorf doesn't improve anything so I sold it. I'm itching for upgrades so was looking at Kanta 2 (room is small don't want Sopra) but...
  8. Q

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Focal Aria 926 (brand new) - $2000 Worst - So far...Lyngdorf tdai-3400 (overpriced) Almost worst for the price - Focal Clear
  9. Q

SMSL SD 9 or IFI ZEN STREAM

I returned it. If any, I mean literally any, the drum snare and soundstage is a little bit better, but definitely not $300 better, IMHO. Most folks enjoy it tho so YMMV.
  10. Q

Opinions on the music-discovery performance of current streaming services (and how to get the most out of them)?

Could you share a few artists/albums then? Thanks. Yes I'm aware there's a thread for Jazz music/artists, wanted to see something else/more.
  11. Q

best audio streamer for amazon music HD

Not sure if you have own Raspberry Pi before? I couldn't tell any difference when listening to Tidal using both Pi4 USB out and Zen Stream USB out. I did some quick measurements and do see that the noise level, THD% and dynamic range on the Zen Stream a tad better which is obvious because it is...
  12. Q

FS: 2 days old Focal Clear and 1 week old iFi Zen Stream (US & Canada only)

Up for sale 1. 2 days old Focal Clear B stock with 3 years warranty from manufacture (I haven't registered so I assume you could register after the purchase): $800 plus shipping 2. 1 week old iFi Zen Stream (I haven't registered either so I assume you could register after the purchase): $300...
  13. Q

I just ordered some headphones Amir hated. The Focal Clears.

Goldensound prefers the original Clear over MG but that's just one opinion
  14. Q

Streamer, DAC, Bluetooth (high-end)

There was a post on audiogon, the gentleman prefers Gustard over RME. In my limited opinion, i tried the ESS chip in both Khadas and Meizu dongle, the bass in these 2 are lacking when comparing with RME's. But that's not fair IMO as the RME has more capabilities than both of these but the point...
  15. Q

I believe sms-200 uses Linux so you should be able to install upnp if it's not there already and use Bubble to stream Tidal and Qobuz
  16. Q

today is my 2nd day listening to the Zen. So far no difference with my Pi4. I did a quick measurement using Rightmark audio analyzer, most of the numbers of the Zen are better than Pi4 but my ears couldn't tell.
  17. Q

Opinions on the music-discovery performance of current streaming services (and how to get the most out of them)?

Not an Apple fan but Apple Music is very decent with playing same genre and let me discover new artists. Same with Roon i guess.
  18. Q

What speakers have some of the best value in the $2-3k price point?

I think it was the last pair they had last July. Things have changed now....I also auditioned both Kanta2 and Sopra. They r just too big for my a little over 12x12. I would take a 948 tho, a bit more bass.
Top Bottom