Search results

1. B

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I mentioned this exact thing many pages back and have found nothing to dispute it so far. I am still waiting on his "Videos" and "Measurements"...........................:facepalm:
  2. B

GR Research LGK 2.0 Speaker Review (A Joke)

Hey Rick, just found this OLD comment.!! I was referring to the guy owning them and using them for mostly Zoom calls only! I was being a bit sarcastic I guess, but meaning for the sound of a zoom call they would be quite decent.
  3. B

Polk ES60 Tower Speaker Review

This seems to be an ideal candidate for a minor crossover "mod"....a 1.5-2 ohm resistor added to the tweeter, would solve the impedance issues and flatten the upper treble boost alsol
  4. B

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

I think he means, explain it in a way that "Makes sense" to most of us in here. Not saying you did not, but so much has been said, its all lost in the numerous posts. My thoughts as someone that was very into vinyl for many years, owned numerous tables and still have maybe a couple in storage...
  5. B

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

For 2 6.5" woofers, it is very typical. I think in "Real life room" one would actually get decent bass down to about 40 Hz or so, and possibly a bit deeper. Sure, some deep bass was sacrificed to give decent sensitivity.
  6. B

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

"The Moab Be's impedance magnitude (fig.1, solid trace) lies above 4 ohms through the midrange and treble but drops below 4 ohms in the upper bass. The minimum value, 2.52 ohms, occurs at 121Hz. The electrical phase angle (fig.1, dashed trace) is often high, meaning that the EPDR (footnote 1)...
  7. B

From what I read, we are talking LESS than 10 employees.......and production is done on an "as needed" basis. In other words, someone makes an online order and they begin building that particular speaker for the person.
  8. B

He does talk about doing "Computer simulations" and then fine tuning by ear, but honestly could not find anything about verification by actual measurements. I have a feeling, that just maybe, there is not much more going on with these "Designs", they are fairly simplistic and just do not hold...
  9. B

Some curiosity caused me to browse the T website and I had a WTF moment to read this: "Note: the Mini Lore was recently pulled from my lineup due to a slanderous and deeply flawed review by Amir at Audio Science Review the “place where we pretend to know a lot more about audio that we really...
  10. B

I think I read that EACH speaker is produced when ordered from a customer, so not even sure "How" they are pulled from production, looks like removed from website, but in the end, more obviously a call "For attention", and "look at ME!"
  11. B

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

I would think that Stereophile, is your only competition as far as "Reliable" measurements go. (at least from the list you showed)
  12. B

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

Couple quick questions, since I bought the 12.1s in December and have been talking them up quite a bit since getting them.... 1. Did you listen with or without grills in place? 2. What type of covering does your floor have? 3. Was the treble "annoyance" dependent on certain music, or heard...
  13. B

GR Research Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade Review (speaker)

I find using a "Pink Noise" signal and listening to a speaker, often gives one a baseline of what is wrong with a speaker. Yes there can be things wrong, that often "Add" to the music or enjoyment, but I also find it varies a bit song to song and so on. I also go back to Pink Noise, EQ for a...
  14. B

How're the new Ascend Acoustics Luna V2 Mini Monitors?

You are correct, obviously, but I thought I read it on the forum where Dave said something like that, perhaps I completely misunderstood what was said now...?
  15. B

He may have been responding to this part of what you wrote............ "Hopefully this will sober up some people here that seem to pray to the "measurement god" although I, for one, am not holding my breath on that one" I know, to me, I thought that part was a "bit" extreme, on a site that is...
  16. B

I find, eliminating a 2nd set of binding posts, and 2 straps and additional internal wiring and a few more soldering joints to create a slightly better signal path. Are you not able to hear "that difference"? ;) Or does it only work one way?
  17. B

On Their site it lists sensitivity as 83db Anechoic 87db In room
  18. B

How're the new Ascend Acoustics Luna V2 Mini Monitors?

I am not positive, but fairly certain, that Dave said this is a whole new woofer designed/produced by SEAS for the new version, along with a new crossover design and bamboo cabinet etc. Therefore, not really directly comparable... @AscendDF Sorry to drag you into another thread, but if you...
  19. B

Also, at least in my opinion, I find distortion levels in the mid/deep bass regions, to be far less audible than an equal distortion number in the midrange area. It simply is not nearly as "Audible", although it makes most smaller bookshelf speakers appear bad measurement wise.
  20. B

Honestly loved seeing this review! I too first thought, "Another?" But I find another view actually helps and explains things differently. There is enough differentiation to make this quite worthwhile. A pleasant surprise. The distortion graphs alone make it worth the price of admission, and add...
Top Bottom