Search results

1. B

Do you mainly stream music or own it?

My goodness, another ad hominem and strawman attack. Where on earth did I say sell audio gear or any of the other above nonsense? Please show the quote where I said sell audio gear, whistle or whatever other total gibberish you just stated? Instead of making up the above listed items how...
  2. B

That is just a rephrasing of what I have said or implied multiple times.
  3. B

But my wife and I also have smaller cars, shop at the local farmer’s market and do other things that might have less impact. I am not saying I am a saint but as owners of compact cars versus full sized SUV’s we are out of the mainstream in that area. I didn’t say it was either or. I just said...
  4. B

Nope , my bias isn’t showing. There is no such thing “as low monthly payments for life”. I am not telling people not to spend money, just to realize how expensive things really are.
  5. B

I am not saying don’t spend money. I certainly spend plenty on pleasure. I am just saying streaming and everything else that claims it just “ a low monthly payment for life” isn’t cheap.
  6. B

As I said, I would love to see an analysis of the environmental impact of both. I have some CD’s I have been listening to for 30 years. Given the longevity of some physical media i think the equation might favor physical media. At least some research shows physical media to be greener. Here...
  7. B

I have a bit less than 200 CDs and I have buying them for 30 years. So I am way money ahead from that standpoint. I think the overwhelming majority of the population realizes that automatic investment plans like 401Ks are are a fantastic way to build wealth. Conversely, plans that...
  8. B

But you buy a CD once and it is over. I would love to see a detailed analysis of this. From a financial standpoint paying paying “a low monthly fee” for the rest of your life is a bad move.
  9. B

Serious music listening is 100% owned and maybe one album is download only and not on CD-“Tapestry“ and I will buy a copy of that on CD. As the poster above me mentioned I love liner notes. Album art and photos are also great. And finally, CD’s are really affordable, particularly used. And...
  10. B

Revel - Big Price Increase

Thanks for setting the guardrails. I am okay with being given boundaries.
  11. B

Songs that depict real events...Now also, playlist on Spotify

Randy Scouse Git A classic by the Monkees. Rest In Peace Mike Nesmith and thanks.
  12. B

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

SVS 1000 and 2000 subs-not Pro-on sale. Black Friday sale
  13. B

What movie should I watch first in 4K and with our new dual subs?

We just upgraded our home theater system to a 65 inch LG OLED and dual SVS PB-1000 Pro subs. In our collection we have: Jaws The Blues Brothers Mamma Mia Apollo 13 Back to the Future Trilogy Robin Hood- Ridley Scott version Gladiator Blade Runner Blade Runner 2049 How To Train Your...
  14. B

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

Saying utility scale storage doesn’t work is a red herring. First of all we are in the infancy of these technologies and we have a long way before they are mature. Talking about current difficulties is ignoring that technology advances. Watch “Downton Abbey” and see how they talk about...
  15. B

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

10,000 times the earth’s daily energy requirement is received from the sun. Solar energy received daily. Electric energy can be stored in batteries when it is not being generated. Whether it is in a battery or ad a barrel of oil, all energy is stored at some point before use/generation. In...
  16. B

Hey, fresh water is the most valuable thing on earth. We know what we are doing by living in Michigan!
  17. B

Rare earths aren’t really rare. The economics of current extraction techniques is a different issue .
Top Bottom