Search results

1. Mario Martinez

PlayClassics TRT sound (calibration 2.4) album premiere

ok, I just sent you the codes, thanks for listening! At least I will try to explain. Our older calibrations just dealt with tone. This new calibration deals with tone and dynamics. The purpose of the calibration is still the same: our project objective is to try to develop a fixed recording...
  2. Mario Martinez

PlayClassics TRT sound (calibration 2.4) album premiere

We have come up with some developments that I would like to share with you all. We have two new albums that we are about to release that feature a new version of our calibration (that would be calibration 2.4) It would be really helpful for us if you could have a listen and give us some...
  3. Mario Martinez

PlayClassics TRT v2.1j master file giveaway for ASR members

Hello everyone, we now have a new version that addresses that issues that were reported on 2.1j Sorry it took so long but after trying some beta versions that were just simple corrections over 2.1j we had to recalibrate from scratch to come up with something that would solve the issues without...
  4. Mario Martinez

This is from the other thread: There have been several reports about these ensemble pieces. Based on those insights I have tried to work something out that I think might solve the "problem". The thing is, whatever we do to fix this would have to be applied to the other recordings too. If done...
  5. Mario Martinez

Play Classics Reviews, Sound Quality, Feedback

Hi Bart, yes, the change is very slight and it might not even be related to the problem you were referring to. Base on the comments by charleski I have worked on something quite different from what we had. This time the difference should be quite obvious. I am sending it to you so you can try...
  6. Mario Martinez

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. This kind of comments are really helpful to us. Based on your insight I have tried to work something out that I think would solve those issues. The thing is, whatever we do to fix this would have to be applied to the other recordings too. If done...
  7. Mario Martinez

Hi Jerry, I will see that it gets corrected. Thanks!
  8. Mario Martinez

Hi Atanasi, The three last albums in the catalogue were recorded a long time ago before we started our TRT project. They were recorded at Musicstry Studios but they do not belong to the PlayClassics record label. This thread is only about the PlayClassics albums (which are the ones that...
  9. Mario Martinez

Yes, that is the whole point of our research :) You can read a more in depth description of the method here: http://www.playclassics.com/trtsound
  10. Mario Martinez

Here is an update of how we are doing. We have given out 93 albums so far... This is the list of the most wanted :) 23 petitions of Mozart Beethoven wind quintets. 15 of Modern Times 13 of Stories 9 Rachmaninoff 9 Goldberg Variations.
  11. Mario Martinez

Hi Bart, I would like to try something out. I have tweaked the calibration slightly just to see if I could erase that "boxy" problem without destroying anything else. I am sending you a code to download this beta version of the calibration to see if it solves the problem or at least goes in the...
  12. Mario Martinez

We have not changed the mics or anything else in our physical recording setup. We have been using the same mics on the same spot of the hall with the same arrangement from the very first album. We have only made changes on the calibration. You can read this explanation so you can see how it...
  13. Mario Martinez

I see, ...please try calibrating your volume see how it turns out. You are also mentioning something about your listening position. Whatever distance you have just make sure your are complying with the standard speaker placement. This is just so we can make sure that what you report is not an...
  14. Mario Martinez

Just what you see on the catalogue. Since you mention Opera, you might be interested on the soprano or tenor albums you can listen to them online see if they are to your liking..
  15. Mario Martinez

In the comparisons page both audios are lossy formats, but it serves de purpose of comparing back to back both recoding over the same material. That gives a very good idea of the plus and minuses of each of the recordings. The DG recording does have a different (more open) sense of space, but on...
  16. Mario Martinez

The Ensemble Wien-Berlin + James Levine (DG) is in our comparisons page: http://www.playclassics.com/comparison3 You can hear them side to side on the excerpt that we use for comparisons...
  17. Mario Martinez

This came up on our first thread: PlayClassics TRT v2.0 master file giveaway for ASR members Let me lay it out here again for everyone who is new to it. You can use this SPL file to calibrate the volume of your system to the volume of the actual performance. The file is a 40 second stereo...
  18. Mario Martinez

Hi Vini, I think those noises (from 2:05 to 2:10 for example) are coming from the rubbing of the trousers (jeans) on the flat surface of the chair (which is some kind of textured plastic) while le player readjusts himself for comfort on the chair. To put it on perspective it might be good to...
  19. Mario Martinez

Thank you MRC01 for your very detailed feedback. The mics are placed outside of the stage area. In absolute terms the distance from the mics to the instruments is not big (about 4 meters from the mics to the center of the piano). But this is not a symphonic hall. It is a small Chamber music...
  20. Mario Martinez

Our hall is not big enough to fit an orchestra. I am guessing that should you have the space and time to prepare it you could probably obtain similar results in a hall big enough to hold a full orchestra. But we have to work with what we have which serves the purpose for chamber music quite well.
Top Bottom