Search results

1. V

Avantone Pro MixCube Monitor Review

Because you have to leave your studio to do so. As a producer and engineer, I can say that these speakers (and others like it, commonly referred to as grot boxes) are extremely useful. They really help you focus in your mix, on the mid range, and help balance all those mid range and mono...
  2. V

Fluid Audio Image 2 Review (Monitor Speaker)

My thing with that is, why send them a pre-production unit for a review that is to be published? That's silly. Or, if you have to go that route, ensure that they know it's a pre-production unit, and that it be mentioned or noted in the review. Still, going that route it just silly.
  3. V

It was a bit weird to me, especially in the field of music production and engineering (mixing). Vertical dispersion really isn't that important. Unless the it's ridiculously narrow (and I doubt it is), I really don't see why it was such a focus. Horizontal exis is way more important, and a wide...
  4. V

The cons were a bit surprising, though they're not that bad. I for one don't really care too much for vertical dispersion. Amir, will you be reviewing the production model soon? Has anyone else gotten their hands on them?
  5. V

Do We Want All Speakers To Sound The Same ?

To be honest, and speaking solely to myself, yes! Yes! Yes! All I want is accuracy, imperceptibly low distortion at low/high volumes, power, extreme detail, as little ringing as possible, prefect time-aligned, exceptional stereo separation and extension on both ends of the freq spectrum, all the...
  6. V

Iloud Precision Monitors

They've made a lot of bold claims... Just waiting to see if their claims are 100% concrete. If measurements and listening tests prove to be accurate to their claims, I can only imagine the kind of performance we might get with a 3-way design.
  7. V

Properly record speakers in my studio

I know right. Just give us a write-up, comparing each pair of monitors, and your general impressions. Who does what better? What are their strengths and weaknesses? If you had to pick one out of the bunch, who'd you go with, and why?
  8. V

Dynaudio Core 47 Review (Professional Monitor)

Likewise. Is it possible that the unit sent t Amir could have been faulty? I think that's possible. Is it likely? Maybe not. Could Amir have fudged the measurements with error on his part? Possible, but not very likely, given the fact he's been doing this for quite some time. I want to give...
  9. V

Dynaudio Core 47 Review (Professional Monitor)

As a huge Dynadio fan, I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed by this. And I've been waiting on a LYD 48 review for the longest, as I've heard great things about it. Anyone with the LYD 48, please consider sending it to Amir so he can review it. It would make for a great comparison between...
  10. V

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

Thank you Amir! I've read dozens, upon dozens of reviews and user feedback on these monitors, and I have yet to hear a bad, or even okay or remotely dissatisfied review, impression or use-case. Now there's another one I can add to the list. I've been eyeing the Dynaudio LYD-48 for quite some...
  11. V

Dynaudio LYD 5 Studio Monitor Review

VenVile from Gearslutz here. Thanks for the review Amir; t'was just what the doctor ordered. Seems to be a decent monitor with some slight caveats here and there, but overall not bad at all. Hopefully you get your hands on some of their flagships soon (the LYD 48 and newer Core series). Looking...
Top Bottom