Search results

1. J

Talk to me about Purfi buffers and OP amps

I'm totally ingnorant about the buffers and OP amp options for Purfi amplifiers. How does a consumer shopping for a Purfi Amp know the differences and/or how to make the best selection/combination? Is there sombody testing the combinations or describing their functions and sonic...
  2. J

Toroidal vs SMPS for Class D Modules

What are the Pros and Cons of the different power supplies to these modules? I don't understand the real world performance differences and would like to start the discussion. I have read that toroidal will increase the module output and provide higher continuous power. I have also read that...
  3. J

VTV Purfi + Hypex Amp

Has anyone bought or heard the VTV Purfi (3 channel) + Hypex (2 channel) Amp? It has my interest, the price is right, but I'm cautious of build quality and performance. Thoughts? Thanks
  4. J

X3700H or X4700H for use with 5 Channel Amp?

Which would you choose and why? I've read the reviews and threads on both ad nauseam. I plan on running with an Emotive XP-5 amp. Other than price, front HDMI port and Aural upmix on the 4700, what spec' differences am I missing? Would one have any sonic/spec' advantages over the other...
  5. J

Recommended multi-channel amps

Who makes a recommended multi-channel amps with 150-180 wpc? I will most likely want a 5 channel to power a Denon AVR. Thanks
  6. J

Talk at me about implementing AVR/Separate power amps

Guidance please. Questions about running a Denon 3700h with power amp. Can I use a 3 channel amp and still use the AVR to control the subs and drive the surrounds? ...or do I need a 5 channel amp to power all the speakers in my surround system? Separate amp/s seem like a good way to go with AVRs...
Top Bottom