Search results

1. J

Sound United, B&W, has entered agreement to been sold mid 2022.

Good point. Maybe someone did notice an sounded the alarm that they needed to have a "fire sale" We have differing opinions and that's OK. Pandemic or not and regardless of how many separate companies there are, turning a profit of only $117Million with over 1000 employees and who knows how...
  2. J

I understand what you are saying, but learning S.U. is a conglomerate of 41 companies does help explain the extreme redundancy of resources, lack of cohesion and lack of product development and vision. They were in an unsustainable organizational death spiral of their own making. It also...
  3. J

Yea I agree it's complex. I can tell you another subscription corporate data service I use also says 41 companies...but it's all a little convoluted and unclear because S.U. is a LLC owned by DEI, a private holding company that appears to not own any other entities, so who know's what those 41...
  4. J

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.sound_united_llc.3b29475a2f314e388867b87196155acf.html#:~:text=There%20are%2041%20companies%20in%20the%20Sound%20United%2C%20LLC%20corporate%20family.
  5. J

Good points, The what and how remains to be seen, but the S.U. competing subsidaries, redundant resources, and obvious lack of product vision and development has to be wrangled into a leaner cohesive team rather than an adhesive group of companies with their own identity. 41 companies in S.U...
  6. J

For those who may be interested, here's a link to an article that provides insight to what drives Joe Kiani. https://www.statnews.com/2017/02/13/medical-error-patient-safety-joe-kiani/ You can search the net for information about his "fight" with Apple and their lawsuits and efforts of...
  7. J

I get it and don't disagree with you. I just have a different perspective when any corporation is referenced by revenue, sales or whatever words the company or others use to describe the amount of money coming in annually. As you point out, the actual take home and profit margin are the...
  8. J

Interesting stuff. Kiani says just enough without giving up the goods. Masimo is obviously developing home/patient worn monitoring devices (that's already stated in their existing corporate profile) and he clearly states interest in Heos and connectivity in particular. Why start from...
  9. J

Has civility on ASR declined recently?

Public forums are a reflection of our society. New and improved idiots are evolving faster than God can replace them with cognizant, rational, intellegent human beings. There is also an increasing number of idealists (this thread?) that feel the need to police, control and legislate the...
  10. J

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

++ This one went from a slippery slope to over the edge of the flat earth.
  11. J

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

lol, our opinions are based on our personal experiences. But I get what you are saying.
  12. J

On the fence ready to buy VTV 1ET400A Purifi or VTV NC502MP hypex...?

Peng, for the benefit of others could you further clarify? I ask because when my Buckeye comes on (it's connected to a trigger) I get a very low volume "noise" from the amp (slightly different than the "click" my AVR makes, but different). My larger point is the sound comes from the amp and...
  13. J

On the fence ready to buy VTV 1ET400A Purifi or VTV NC502MP hypex...?

lol, Now I'm confused. Should I go with the amp a bat says sounds best or the one my wife says is most aestetically pleasing? FWITW, I second Peng's above post about Buckeye with one caveat...I waited too long and waded to deep before deciding on Buckeye.
  14. J

Crown amp?

Excellent point on "generalization". An amp that one guy loves in his system, based on source material, specific speakers, room, noise levels, and preferred volume might outright not be acceptable for the next guy in his system. Hiss/buzz/audible noise certainly isn't unique to any amp...
  15. J

Crown amp?

Like I said spec's are measurable and how much money I, you, or anybody else has or how they choose to spend it really isn't an arguable point. Honestly that's just more BS
  16. J

Crown amp?

Use whatever equipment you want. Forums are for discussions. Who cares if anyone thinks you are a "post controller"? Personnally I'm sick of folks insisting what levels of distortion can or can't be heard. We don't listen to distortion, but we do listen to how distortion and other amp...
  17. J

Crown amp?

We used to use Crown amps in several bands I played in. They are first and foremost "pro gear" They were rugged, powerful, reliable and perfectly suited to live performances. Would I use them in my home audiio systems? Even though they have improved the noise floor, distortion levels and...
  18. J

Which speaker would you like to be reviewed? (community interest thread)

ESS 12' AMT or AMT limited edition. Both have the "great Heil" AMT. Except for a couple of years they have been making and selling these since the mid 70s and no one has done a review with measurements in decades.
  19. J

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Hopefully this will help others with a ground-loop buzz caused by cable service. Mine was easy to isolate....as soon as I disconnected the HDMI cable from my cable tv box to my AVR the buzz disappeared. I called my cable provider and told them I had a ground-loop that appeared to be caused...
Top Bottom