Search results

1. C

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

No problems for me. I do have an Oppp 105D on top of it, so there's no real room for a drum session. However, I found the NAD to have a much more solid build than the appollon 1200AS that I had before. That had a generic case I could press and mould almost any way I wanted. Still sounded more...
  2. C

the depth of the unit is 355mm. However, this is measured without any cables attached to it. The speaker terminals add an extra 25 mm (more if you use banana plugs) and the xlr/rca cables obviously also take up some space. I'm guessing you will need at least 390 mm to make it all fit. 400 mm...
  3. C

Ultimate 1ET400A Purifi Amplifier sonic shootout - €820 to €8,344

Either one should do the job. NAD is cheaper and has a better case (that aluminium case of the Apollon looks quite similar to the Nord cases and those are flimsy cases at best). Also, the NAD has the 12 volt trigger by default. The Apollon on the other hand seems to have a dual powersupply while...
  4. C

My replacement has not shut down a single time without me powering it down myself. Since I turn off my system every evening I have not left it on for longer than about 14 hours. I still have to test the unit overnight. I'll do that tonight. And since your system does not always shut down after 1...
  5. C

That does sound exactly like my issue. Not playing music it would turn off after an hour, and while playing music it would take two hours. I'm also using a c658 and started with using the trigger.It seems there may be an issue with earlier batches. I was quite happy my dealer had a few extra...
  6. C

If I'm honest, I do not notice much difference between the C298 and my previous amp (Nord two 1200as2). However, no noise when not playing music is nice and also being able to use unbalanced inputs makes the C298 much more versatile. I did just exchange my model at the dealer, the C298 always...
  7. C

Thanks. In my case it does seem to do auto off, it just never turns on again :( I've also tested without the trigger cable. The amp wakes up the first time I put on music with the C658. If I stop the music the amp also powers down (the C298, the C658 always is on, just on pause) and it only...
  8. C

Got my C298 yesterday. It goes quite nicely with my C658. However, I have some strange findings I'm using a trigger cable from de 658 to the 298. This works like a charm. However, if I stop playback on the 658, the 298 eventually (after about an hour, haven't measured how long it takes exactly)...
  9. C

Ultimate 1ET400A Purifi Amplifier sonic shootout - €820 to €8,344

I have a Nord amp (1200AS2) and although the case looks nice it really is a flimsy affair. When connecting my XLR plugs I could effortlessly move the back. I do like the look of the Apollon mini, that case seems quite well made. I think I will go with the NAD C298, it should be a nice fit for...
Top Bottom