Search results

1. N

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

Arbitrary and in the eye of the beholder. I’m a bigger fan of KEF than Mofi but it would be much easier for me to get the 888 in the door past my wife than something like the R7 and its garish rose gold alongside walnut (I was really hoping that color scheme would be updated for the Meta line)...
  2. N

Juson Audio JTA35 Tube Amplifier, DAC & HP Amp Review

We have to take your word for it about the paltry number of reviews spiked by manufacturers, but at the end of the day it’s a policy that does nothing but protect companies and hurt the user base. It’s your site, run it how you wish, and this thread isn’t about that (but you offered up the...
  3. N

KEF R3 Speaker Review

This idea of using chunkier surrounds is definitely going to take off if Dirac ART delivers on its promise. In theory, there’s hardly any use of even setting up ART if you don’t have some way to create the necessary waves all around the room, and that isn’t going to happen with tiny little...
  4. N

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Right. There were several documented cases of SHDs producing full-blast white noise at random, and at least one user posted pictures of their Dynaudio driver blown apart. miniDSP tried to identify and fix the problem but they couldn’t so they reversed course with 1.1.14. They say they’ll come...
  5. N

:rolleyes: In the most polite way possible, this isn’t that kind of forum. Poke around and read some pinned threads and tutorials and a lot more measurement reviews and decide if you’re on board. If so, great! If not, no big deal. There are no shortage of forums and review sites for subjective...
  6. N

Those are hardly new features, though. You could do those things, it’s just a bit easier now. New features would be something like being able to rename presets or inputs on the front display (miniDSP already said this is impossible for them to do, which is a surprising limitation), or having a...
  7. N

Can’t answer anything about using Quboz because I’m not a subscriber, but any WiiM device (Mini, Pro, Pro Plus) can does bit-perfect 24/192 over optical.
  8. N

People have been asking them about DLBC for years. You’re wasting your time. They won’t even tell us if it’s even in the realm of possibility that DLBC can be implemented on SHD, much less whether they’re working on it or it’s on the roadmap. Complaining about Volumio features is another dead...
  9. N

The best reason is that as of now, Device Console provides no new functionality. The only change you will notice is you lose control over your OLED. You will not be able to leave it always-on, you will not be able to set it to dimmed mode and set the level of dim, and you will not control the...
  10. N

I don’t think you can get everything in one box, no. The SHD is admittedly a powerful device with high quality measurements, it’s just that miniDSP is stubborn and neglectful. I’ve mentioned this before, but the #1 thing you can do to improve your SHD experience is to forget that it even...
  11. N

I don’t think you fully understand the pace at which things move in the world of miniDSP. Tidal Connect was announced and available on many devices two years before it came out for the SHD series. In that time, it was available on standalone Volumio sixteen months before they managed to port...
  12. N

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Makes sense. More than adding total surface area and amplification to the system, which isn’t nothing, the flexibility of having two KC62s to address uneven bass in such a room will be a huge value. Even if the subs are a little mismatched (or at least a wash) in terms of total output, two KC62s...
  13. N

NAD C298 Stereo Amplifier Review

Interesting to go through this review side by side with the M23. There are clear improvements in the design of the M23, but not to a great extent, and not in terms of power (C298 measures a hair higher at the knee in each case, actually). @amirm I don’t suppose there’s still a chance to get the...
  14. N

Considerations when plugging ports — what else happens beyond bass response?

This revived conversation is appreciated. However, I was hoping to hear more on what else plugging ports does beyond affecting the bass response slope. I have REW and can measure that just fine and overall I‘d say I have good integration to my single sub. What I was wondering about was stuff I...
  15. N

…only when viewing the names within the Device Console on your desktop. I think a bunch of us got excited about this feature when it was first described, thinking the purpose of each present could be obvious to anyone from the couch, then it was described more fully and it’s like, ohhhh, great...
  16. N

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Is there any reason you can communicate for miniDSP and NAD both not delivering on DLBC? NAD specifically had DLBC in their roadmap/ad copy years ago for products like the C658 and M33, and miniDSP is sitting on a host of 2x4 devices but won’t say a word about DLBC. It feels like vaporware, even...
  17. N

This “updated” review is no longer current at all. Per users on miniDSP’s forum, it’s just been learned that miniDSP silently switched to using ESS ES9028Q2M DACs. The SHD was only ever an AKM device since its debut. I get that the ESS models could perform identical or even better than the AKM...
  18. N

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

I’d really like to know the rest of your setup. Doesn’t have to be exhaustive. Just the basics like preamp, previous amp, and speakers.
  19. N

Oh, interesting. I hadn’t seen ever seen those measurements, so thanks for that. Interesting that C298 is stronger 8 and 4 ohm, but then down. Wonder what we’ll see from the M23 if Hifi News gets their hands on it. I think they’re the only ones who do a measurement like this.
  20. N

What are you talking about? The C298 puts out more power and measures cleaner than the M33. We don’t have any data on the M23. https://www.stereophile.com/content/nad-masters-series-m33-streaming-integrated-amplifier-measurements...
Top Bottom