Search results

1. A

A Raspberry Pi as a music server

I've had good luck with all my raspberry pis and other small single board computers. I currently have 6 of them deployed as firewalls and other utility devices, including as music servers. I've never had one fail yet. I use sd cards that are marketed as "high endurance" or "surveillance camera"...
  2. A

Khadas Tea - New smartphone dac and amplifier

Mine just arrived in the post today. We will see (or hear) what it's like shortly.
  3. A

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

That seems like an easier version than what I've been told.
  4. A

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

I'm all for more choices so if LHD/RHD is a decision point, then this checks that box. Now if you'll actually be able to get one this decade and not have to go through the standard BS that's part of Rolex acquisition is another issue.
  5. A

Free, just shipping cost: ST-Link USB updater for Khadas Tone2 Pro

Not yet. I'm assuming someone will take up the offer in a bit.
  6. A

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

This has been my "go to" dongle for a while, I've probably purchase 6 or 7 of them. I've given them as gifts, lost a couple along the way. I am still happy with it and I haven't had any pop/noise issues on any of the ones I've had.
  7. A

Free, just shipping cost: ST-Link USB updater for Khadas Tone2 Pro

If you have one of the early batches of the Khadas Tone2 Pro, you'll need to do an update to the MCU and the XMOS. The XMOS can be updated via the regular USB port, but the MCU requires this adapter to update via USB. After the MCU update using this adapter, any further updates for the MCU...
  8. A

Khadas Tone2 Pro Review (DAC & Amp)

Finished my MCU & XMOS update tonight. I have a ST-Link USB connector that I can send out to someone for just the cost of shipping. Should be roughly $5 in the US and a week or less for delivery. Shoot me a message if interested.
  9. A

I saw the blog post about updating the MCU and XMOS. I have a serial 11X Tone2 so wanted to apply the update and noticed that you need a special USB to GPIO connector. In the blog it says they'll provide a free one via a link in the store, but I couldn't see that yet. I'm assuming this will be...
  10. A

I use the low gain setting with IEMs and I don't hear hiss. No pops between formats either.
  11. A

I'm not feeling a scratch. It's nicely damped with subtle "clicks" but nothing scratchy.
  12. A

I'm enjoying my blue one. As a little bonus, my wife just likes how it looks. "It's very pretty," she said upon seeing it, "not like all the dumb black boxes you have all over the place." "Hey, some of those dumb boxes are silver," was my retort.
  13. A

Khadas Tone 2

TLDR: all functions/decoding work fine, no clicks or other annoying sounds, plenty of volume, volume button is fine for that but weird for other functions. I got my Tone 2 Pro yesterday and listened for about an hour last night, directly hooked up to my laptop via Khadas ASIO USB driver, using...
  14. A

So what audio did you get for Christmas?

Yes. Very anemic, but that's not really why I got the car, so I'm not disappointed at all.
  15. A

So what audio did you get for Christmas?

I got a new car. It does have a (not very good) stereo inside.
  16. A

Roon 1.8 official announcement, available Feb. 9th

Now Roon looks like Qobuz.
  17. A

Best value streamer with no DAC

I am pretty "techy" so I use DietPi and then load packages (apps) for Roon from there, but I think Volumio is pretty cool as an easy to install solution. You do have to pay extra for Tidal and Qobuz integration but just standard Volumio is free.
  18. A

Best value streamer with no DAC

Yes, both Roon and Tidal work on the Rpi. Yes, that kit will be fine. Yes, The Rpi4 has WiFi onboard. It works well for music streaming. I don't know about the Lunin, but I have four Raspberry Pi streamers and I'm happy with them.
  19. A

Pro-ject Optical Box E Review (Phono Stage)

The unit that Amir tested is the one I got for my second system. It seemed like a good idea, as it would allow me to directly drive amps from a DAC even with a turntable attached. In the end, when I got it I could tell even without measurement that it was different from my other phone preamps...
  20. A

Car Audio: Fixing a 1979 Porsche 924. What would an "audiophile" setup of roughly that era look like? I'm a noob.

My best bud in HS had a 1980 924 with the factory radio. It was a standard looking thing with a big volume nob and a big tuning nob on the left/right sides, with an analog tuning indicator "strip" in the middle. I can't remember if the thing had a cassette deck. Pretty standard stuff for the...
Top Bottom