Search results

1. F

DIY Grot Box Help

HI there, I'm looking to build a grot box type active monitor for mono mixing. Something similar to the older Auratone cubes or Avantone Active Mixcube. Any suggestions for driver, box size, and amp board / heatsink to use? Thanks!
  2. F

FS: Dutch and Dutch 8c

Where are these located?
  3. F

WTB: ATC SCM20ASL mkii, SCM25A or SCM50ASL

WTB: ATC scm20asl mkii, SCM25A or SCM50ASL
  4. F

WTB: Genelec 8351b or 8341a

Looking to purchase used 8351b or 8341a monitors...
  5. F

Studio monitor suggestions under $6k used

I've looked at and heard the atc scm25a for a while now. Never had them in my own room though. The mid resolution is impressive. I'd love to see some detailed tests on these. There was a report in resolution mag years ago that showed some time coherance issues. Apparently ATC disputes the...
  6. F

Which amp do you like to use with Revels? Also, Looking at the C208 I am intrigued. Anyone care to comment on using 2 of these center channels in stereo pair? Also an aluminum tweet on some monitors not my fave for long periods of mixing. Wonder about listening fatigue...?
  7. F

I wonder how the Revels hold up with daily professional use. Many high-end studio monitors are designed with long hours of continuous play in mind. How are the Revel tweeters cooled?
  8. F

Room is treated and is pretty flat with some dips around 115hz. The 310 is definitely picky about placement. I guess it's more of a feel thing when mixing, they can be a bit more forgiving in mid s than I like. Just looking to demo some alternatives. I enjoy the speakers, will keep the 310s...
  9. F

Yeah, I'm hoping the 8351b starts to show up on used markets soon...
  10. F

Focus would be on nearfield use, 1-3m, so SPL not a priority as I mix fairly low but I wouldn't mind something that could exceed the 310 for louder tracking and playback. I like 3way designs and find the dedicated mid range helpful for critical listening. I'm not opposed to subs but would prefer...
  11. F

Enjoying the data driven approach of this forum! Wanted to get some suggestions of speakers to look at for mixing/mastering. Need to stay under 6k usd new or used. Looking for high resolution, full range, near to near/mid use. Currently using Neumann kh310 which are great but don't always...
Top Bottom