Search results

1. Livnmuskoka

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Then those people need to build us some small, very accurate, and high sensitivity speakers with good bass output...
  2. Livnmuskoka

The LX uses a bigger magnet for the woofer, apparently for higher power handling and less distortion.
  3. Livnmuskoka

How're the new Ascend Acoustics Luna V2 Mini Monitors?

Great, thank you! I bought Sierra LX about 6 weeks ago but won't be able to hear them for another month or so yet. First waiting for my amp to arrive, now waiting for our builder to finish the basement. I sold all my audio gear about 2 years ago and wanted to get a new start and build my end...
  4. Livnmuskoka

I'm not sure where I saw the review now. But there were air leaks around the binding posts and maybe the drivers, which was changing the frequency response. I believe there were some screws not tightened, can't remember everything now, but several issues. And I wasn't interested in paying over...
  5. Livnmuskoka

How're the new Ascend Acoustics Luna V2 Mini Monitors?

Which speakers have better detail and clarity, Uni-Fi Reference or Sierra 1 V2?
  6. Livnmuskoka

More bass, and with an upgraded woofer, tweeter, and crossover, I assume the LX should also have better clarity and detail.
  7. Livnmuskoka

The LX are $1,500 US and ended up being $2,540 CDN total with exchange, shipping, and tax. I was actually going to buy Sointuva's until I read how bad the build quality is. The frequency response doesn't end up being close to what it should be. If the LX are as clear and detailed as my previous...
  8. Livnmuskoka

I've had my LX's here for a month but haven't got to listen to them yet, I was waiting for my amp to arrive. Now that our builder is available to finish the basement, it'll probably be another month. I really liked the Kef Reference 1's when I heard them, and the LX are only one spot below the...
  9. Livnmuskoka

I recently bought LX's in dark cherry. They look nice but you can't really see the woodgrain and have to worry more about scratches. Kind of regret not getting the natural finish.
  10. Livnmuskoka

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Took some time setting up the parametric EQ for my 2022 HD600's, using online measurements as a guide. I'm really liking the way this sounds, for several different genres of music. I don't have the bass boosted quite as much and have the most fatiguing 1-4 khz range down about 1.5 db. I didn't...
  11. Livnmuskoka

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Thanks for the reply. I haven't checked back after the first few days of asking the question, I didn't think I was going to get a reply. I've owned the AKM version, and was debating on buying a new one. But have since bought a new Wiim pro plus and a used Bryston BHA-1 for the same price. No...
  12. Livnmuskoka

Anyone? With so many people buying this because of the EQ feature and specs, nobody else cares?
  13. Livnmuskoka

Anybody ever measure the RME while using EQ? Does distortion rise significantly?
  14. Livnmuskoka

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

If switched from low to high gain with HD 600's it definitely gets louder. Roughly the same as turning the volume up from 23 to about 28 out of 60.
  15. Livnmuskoka

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

A quick search of that RME fireface 800 has nothing under 4.5 star reviews, mostly 5 stars. Much better than Topping. Even high quality items can have faults, usually just a lot less often. It also could've happened from misuse if you bought it used. I'm not an RME fanboy, but the Adi-2 dac...
  16. Livnmuskoka

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Well implemented, but well built? The RME will probably last for 10+ years, while the Topping probably has a 50% chance of being DOA or dead within a year. These measurements don't mean much without reliability, at least to me. There's also pride of ownership, and what about the chance of the...
  17. Livnmuskoka

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I just ordered one of these DX3 pro+ through Amazon and canceled it before it shipped. I bought new HD600 headphones and a Fiio BTR7 a couple weeks ago. I love the HD600's, more than the LCD-3F I owned, and more than LCD4, LCDX, Focal Elear, Clear, and Utopia when I listened to those. It's more...
  18. Livnmuskoka

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I have mine equally spaced from the side walls, which is about 6' from each wall. If I had serious limitations with placement I would just use good headphones.
  19. Livnmuskoka

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I'm really liking these speakers again. I had upgraded to the UBR62's about 5 months ago, and they gave me a little extra detail and clarity I thought I was looking for again over the DBR62's. But along with the UBR62's not measuring as well in my room, that extra detail reminded me that it goes...
Top Bottom