Search results

1. astr0b0y

Harman acquires Roon

Easy for me to say now, but I always felt like Roon was made to be sold. When I purchase lifetime 8 years ago there was nothing else that gave a consistent and usable interface for remote devices. Happy with my now $5 per month investment but if I looked at my actual usage vs Plexamp, I don’t...
  2. astr0b0y

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 V2 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Yep, direct form Ascend only and yes they do ship out side the US. I had them ship to me in Australia with no problems.
  3. astr0b0y

Best wireless ear buds

Beats Fit Pro sound way more fun to me than AirPods (either gen). For workouts, AirPods just drop out of my ears. Beats Fit have little lugs that fit in your wing nuts nicely. Nice iOS integration too.
  4. astr0b0y

Ascend Sierra 2 Speaker Review

Can’t tell if the Sierra-2 upgrade kits are worth it here in Aus. I don’t think so. Will be well north of AUD $1500 here where as I paid around $2k for the original pair years ago (better fx rate). I have a Horizon centre so there would be a small voicing mismatch.
  5. astr0b0y

A Call For Humor!

One of my favourite album t-shirts from when I was a kid. Really annoyed the adults around me which was the whole sophomoric premise, as it turns out.
  6. astr0b0y

My March Sointuva Speakers

The ‘cracks’ are a common sight in Australian bespoke carpentry and cabinet making and are called features by the builders I know. Locally they are desired as showing the individuality of the product vs mass factory manufacturin of particle board covered with veneer. While working for these...
  7. astr0b0y

Parasound 2125 V.2 Amplifier Review

Looking more closely I can see you're correct. I made a mistake with the scale and didn't read the y-axis properly. I also though it was strange to have 20 & 40Hz LPFs, these seem very low values to me and I would have expected 60 - 120Hz.
  8. astr0b0y

Parasound 2125 V.2 Amplifier Review

The high pass filters look more like 40Hz and 80Hz to me.
  9. astr0b0y

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

HHG was the first novel I bought with my own money when I was 12ish. Big fan of the original TV series and still annoy my family on road trips by listening to the radio plays ad nauseam. @slartibartfast42 what say you?
  10. astr0b0y

Burnt smell from speaker, but it’s still working fine. Should I be concerned?

Might be worth contacting Ascendo. The continuous dB rating of your speakers if very high so to cause heating of the voicecoil to temps that burn the epoxy might be in indication of a manufacturing issue with your speakers. Or maybe you‘re in the middle of a heatwave and ambient temp was high to...
  11. astr0b0y

Revel F206 Technical Problem Verification

Does it still sound broken with Audyssey bypassed?
  12. astr0b0y

Heco Aurora 1000 (audioholics review)

Seems like a very quick drop off in the low end, especially given the large drivers and cabinet space.
  13. astr0b0y

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

@amirm I’ve re-read the review intro as I as not clear as to why you purchase this cable in the first place. Did you need another one or was it simply just for the sake of a review? Typically you review items supplied by or requested to be reviewed by members and seeing that we’re all pretty...
  14. astr0b0y

Black Lion Audio White Sparrow DAC Review

Of course. Well, I guess knowing it has a lock is a feature.
  15. astr0b0y

iphone to mono speaker?

Why not try and Apple Homepod mini? There‘s a trillion Bluetooth speakers (most mono) up to $200 that have quite nice DSP and sound quite good for casual listening.
  16. astr0b0y

Directional washers

Most enjoyable video I have watched in some time! Need to try this kind of locking washer on RC helis - they vibrate and loosen nuts very effectively.
  17. astr0b0y

My New Album Released Today

Yes artwork is lovely, would make for good presentation CDs in a collection. Love the music too, many thanks. Sitting back on a rare warm spring day here with a sandwich and coffee, ignoring work, listening to your tunes.
Top Bottom