Search results

1. J

miniDSP Flex HT - Review and Measurements

Kadajawi, I hope you can help me. I understand that the S95C earc-HDMI output downmixes everything to 2 channels, right? Have you tried to send multichannel PCM from the S95C to the Minidsp Flex HT via USB? Maybe that could be a "secret door"? I am using the USB audio out from the S95C to my 2...
  2. J

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

Well, not only an audiophile term. If you have a legacy high impedance source, the PA5II rca 2K ohms input impedance is not going to be "synergistic" at all... :-)
  3. J

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

Here are the low level input/output specifications of this unit according to the manual: Analog Input sensitivity: 200 mV Frequency response: 10 Hz – 100 kHz — +1, –3 dB (Direct mode) S/N: 102 dB (IHF–A weighted, Direct mode) Distortion: 0.005 % (20 Hz – 20 kHz) (Direct mode) Rated output: 1.2...
  4. J

Dirac Live Bass Control with mixed subwoofers

I have a doubt related to this subject. DLBC for PC creates a discrete channel output for every subwoofer. My problem is: How is the LFE channel integrated with that? It seems as if I need another subwoofer just for the LFE channel, independent from those channels used for BM?
  5. J

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

I hope somebody can solve one doubt Dirac DLBC, the PC version. When you have a multichannel setup (2.1, 4.1, etc.), do you need one SW for the LFE channel + another SW for the BM? In the "Channels configuration", it seems that Bass Management ("Subwoofer") and LFE can't be directed to the same...
  6. J

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

I would appretiate to hear more about how both speakers compare subjectively. I do have a pair of Kh80s (+Monolith 10v2 and Dirac DLBC) in the nearfield (108 cm) and wonder if the Kh120II would be an upgrade. According to the available measurements I see, the difference in distortion levels is...
  7. J

New product: Arvus H1-D

I understand there is no DRC (Dirac or any other) planned for the Arvus H1-D?
  8. J

Oh, that's good news then. Thanks!
  9. J

Thanks Rongon and danibound for the info. Maybe it's not safe for my case: I do have a lovely Sansui Tu-517 tuner. It's only output is variable, and I guess its impedance must be quite high. I am not certain, but I do own an Accuphase T-101 which, according to the manual, has around 2k in its...
  10. J

I can't find any info about this amp's input impedance. Anybody can help?
  11. J

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

I notice that Apollon indicates the following at their website: THD+N – – 0.0002 % 20Hz-20kHz. It seems this has not been met here? How would you compare this with the Audiophonics equivalents (HPA-S600NCX and LPA-S600NCX)? Those seem to have quite lower specifications: Typ : 0.0006% Max : 0.001%
  12. J

Blimey, I may agree with Darko

I agree with Darko on this. BTW, there is an even easier "crap-detector" out there than the software he mentions, at least for us Audirvana users: The Waveform Display. Every time you load a track, you can instantly see at a glance if it has been crapified or left be. If the upper or lower parts...
  13. J

Neumann MT 48

That is very interesting. Hopefully you can clear this doubt I have. If one goes the AES67 route (Kh-120II or Kh-150), do you really need an interface like the MT48? I mean, you can control the speakers from the computer (PC of Mac) just fine, right? (including DSP with Dirac Live BC installed...
  14. J

New product: Arvus H1-D

This is very enlightening. This implies that it is better to feed the usual monitors (read Neumann Kh-120II; Kh-150, Genelec's 8330 and 8331 series; Dynaudio Core; JBL 705 and 708) with high quality analog sources instead of AES/EBU or SPDIF? I guess the Ethernet connection (AES67) on Neumann...
  15. J

For neumann kh150 with subwoofer, is rythmik l12 good or svs sb1000pro suitable?

I recommend Dirac Live Bass Control strongly. In my case, it is installed in the PC which feeds a Topping DM7 multichannel DAC. The sound of a pair of Neumann's Kh-80 (in the nearfield, far from the walls) with one Monolith 10v2 (placed centered behind them, close to the wall) is incredible...
  16. J

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

I am in a similar situation (Kh80 at 105 cm distance + Monolith 10v2 SW and Dirac BC, which allows me to put the crossover even at 100 hz or higher to reduce distortion; DAC is Topping's DM7). Sometimes I wonder if the Kh120II could make a difference. The Kh120II distortion figures are certainly...
  17. J

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

I am using my DM7 with actives Neumann Kh-80 in the nearfield, completely black silence...
  18. J

Dirac (for PC) stopped working today

For some reason I was not able to access DL Support earlier today. Now I have been able to open a ticket.
  19. J

Dirac (for PC) stopped working today

Hello, I have used Dirac Live BC for several months now, but when I started the computer today, the DL Processor no longer works. When I open it (wether from the start menu or from JRiver VST plugin), the DL Processor says "No signal" in red. It doesn´t even appear in the list of available...
  20. J

Stereo Sub Vs Dual Mono

Ok. I´ll stay with DLBC then, as it solves those details so well.
Top Bottom