Search results

1. P

Sigberg Audio Manta (12" wideband cardioid active speakers) development thread

But beyond the look/colour/texture, I'd expect some changes in the radiation effects. Wouldn't the stiff texture imply less energy radiated?
  2. P

Regarding the M3, I think he is referring to the GGNTKT: https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/ggntkt-m1-gegentakt-m3 @Purité Audio: Do you have a demo pair of M3?
  3. P

Agreed on the wood contrast, something lighter than walnut may look more elegant. I find matt colours best (no issues with fingerprints). The material used for the ports looks different (mesh type). Have you experimented different types of mesh?
  4. P

I can’t stop listening to live recordings of female voices with the Mantas. Soundstage and clarity are both incredible I find.
  5. P

Nobsound 3-IN-1-OUT XLR Audio Switch Review

It is not that easy to remove the XLR cables, you need to hold the case firmly. Not a concern at all.
  6. P

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

What about a pair of Focal trio 11Be in a customised aluminium cabinet with a bit of EQ to tame the highs?
  7. P

You need a customised version of the 8361a with a Be tweeter :P
  8. P

Indeed. Prices for a pair of SCM50/100/150 A pro should be instead $10k/$12.5k/$15k. On vintageking, a pair of SCM150A is ~$23k !!
  9. P

Indeed, and those are for the SCM150A pro
  10. P

I wouldn't mind a pair of ATC SCM150A pro besides my Mantas though :-p
  11. P

It depends I think. Most speaker brands for the average audiophile tend to release speakers with enhanced treble a la B&W, Focal, Sonus Faber, etc... So yes, new models may indeed 'sound' worse than the previous ones. For monitors, it seems that there is often improvements in design. Either...
  12. P

In general, there is always an expectation that what is not released yet will be better in some sense. Concerning DD, I think MKR is right to wait and see the coming bigger model. Some of the weaknesses of the 8C should be addressed. Further, MKR, apparently like me, can't live with the idea to...
  13. P

Advice needed - Kef LS60 vs Kii vs D&D

Totally agree. Kii and D&D are certainly best options if you need for some reasons to have your monitors very close to the front wall.
  14. P

For home demo? Why not RL921K?
  15. P

A pair of RL801K full price :facepalm:
  16. P

Not for the average hobbyist indeed :cool: Each woofer gets 1000W, the mid and tweeter 500W each - 3000W in total!
  17. P

Possibly. The cardioid subs on the pic I attached are 14’’. The ME800K on that picture have 2x15’’ woofers.
Top Bottom