Search results

1. P

I lurked here for a year, then upgraded my whole system. My thoughts, aimed at other lurkers and casuals

I agree 100%. Many times I read posts on ASR making this point, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone claim they could hear a 3db difference. I'm just pointing this out because technical people like myself can get lost in the numbers regardless.
  2. P

Car Audio: Fixing a 1979 Porsche 924. What would an "audiophile" setup of roughly that era look like? I'm a noob.

I had a 79 924 Turbo and I loved that car. Manual steering is amazing. I wasn't concerned with keeping it time-period appropriate, so I put in a modern head unit, put an amp in the trunk, and cut out holes for 6x9" speakers in the rear carpet over the wheel wells. The space below the deck...
  3. P

I lurked here for a year, then upgraded my whole system. My thoughts, aimed at other lurkers and casuals

I love what this forum provides. I'm an engineer, so I believe in measurements. I can't read traditional audio reviews and publications where audio gear is described like wine with flowery language. I started lurking here because I was ready to buy new gear to last me a lifetime, but I didn't...
Top Bottom