Search results

1. sonusfaberx

Matrix Audio Element M - First impression

It does and its just a couple of dollars more than Bubbleupnp but it is worth it.
  2. sonusfaberx

I am now using MConnect for my iPhone as a DLNA player. Layout is much better than Android’s Bubbleupnp. It is as responsive too. Adding tracks simultaneously into my queue from Qobuz and Tidal is a breeze. And yes, the app lets me edit my current playlists!
  3. sonusfaberx

Sorry, I haven't found one. You can only create your own Playlist in Bubbeupnp, kinda similar to Roon. This got me thinking if Roon is just really DLNA. EDIT: Found MConnect for iOS and it is amazing!
  4. sonusfaberx

Thanks to another member. I have been using BubbleUpnp and it works great with my element M. It has Qobuz and Tidal integration and it is a very responsive app. It only cost $5, and I wonder why can't MA develop something like this?
  5. sonusfaberx

Tidal Connect now on BluOS. https://www.13thnote.net/2020/10/21/tidal-connect-now-on-bluos/ C'mon Matrix Audio. Your turn.
  6. sonusfaberx

Unfortunately, my internet connection here only goes up to 25Mbps. :( My setup here is a Mesh Router in my room connected wired to my Element M. Since I am not using wireless, I am unable to switch from 2.4 to 5ghz.
  7. sonusfaberx

Tidal Connect is coming! I hope MA gets this as soon as it launches. https://www.whathifi.com/news/tidal-connect-one-touch-casting-of-hi-res-and-dolby-atmos-music
  8. sonusfaberx

They said it should happen before the end of the year, I use Spotify though via Airplay and it sounds better than using an Android streamer(Mi Box S) on optical out going to the element M.
  9. sonusfaberx

That is an interesting find. What app in iOS do you use?
  10. sonusfaberx

I tried Qobuz the day after. Works great, maybe this is still related to the cache management issue from the MA Remote App. What I like about Qobuz is the steady download rate, 320kbs, which makes it easier and much faster to load. But again, after like playing 10 or so songs, that lag plagues...
  11. sonusfaberx

That is nice to know. Thanks for the tip. I hope I can find an app for my Huawei P40 Pro. Not having Google in my Android phone has it's challenges :(
  12. sonusfaberx

I just subscribed to Qobuz and got it added on the MA Remote App in Android and iOS. Both are not working. In iOS, I get an error message that it gets disconnected, while in Android it won’t respond when I click on a song or add it on the queue. Only way I can use Qobuz is via Roon. As someone...
  13. sonusfaberx

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. That worked for me.
  14. sonusfaberx

Thanks, I was able to figure out the iOS App issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the MA App and going through the new device setup process via Wifi. I still get that lag on Tidal though, and Matrix Audio told me they are still working on optimizing it.
  15. sonusfaberx

I just did. I had to uninstall, reinstall the MA App, Setup the device via Wifi, and it got detected. There it gave me the option to upgrade the Firmware. Quite happy that the firmware update does not need a PC anymore and it can do it by itself. App now seems very responsive, let us see how...
  16. sonusfaberx

How's the iOS MA Remote App on the X? I am having issues with it lately with my M. I have updated both my OS to iOS 14, updated the App and firmware, same thing, can't detect the network(wifi or LAN). Seems isolated to iOS since I got 6 devices that I tried, only Android and Roon works fine.
  17. sonusfaberx

Definitely! The updated MA app seems to be optimized for iOS 14 as what its description shows. Will update my OS then and see how it goes. I just find it odd that it works perfectly fine in Android.
  18. sonusfaberx

Are you now on iOS 14? i havent iupgraded yet and all my 4 iOS devices shows the element M as offline.
  19. sonusfaberx

My element M stopped working. It can’t be detected by my network(says it is offline) even when I switch to Wifi or LAN. Airplay can’t detect it too. Any way to reset this? Edit: This only seem to affect my iPhone. It works with my Huawei phone. App on iOS keeps stating something to update firmware.
  20. sonusfaberx

The only issue I got is with the laggy streaming app. I also experience similar issues with BluOS and HEOS. Only Roon got it perfect. But that is an unfair comparison because Roon uses a music server/core while these streamers are all-in-one devices.
Top Bottom