Search results

1. H

Let Your Voice Help Us Make an All-In-One

A combo DAC/PRE/POWER AMP with high performance and low cost sounds great. BALANCED inputs and (possibly?) outputs is a good way to go. Perhaps if there are balanced pre outputs that are controlled by the volume, having a way to choose between PRE outputs/POWER outputs/or BOTH would be...
  2. H

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

FOSI DISCOUNT CODE IN FEBUARY!!! VD-G15 15% off. $127.49 is what I paid this morning, with free delivery. Less than $1 per watt.
  3. H

Is there a DAC / DSP / Preamp that is relatively affordable?

I agree. I think that is the best current option.
  4. H

If the SMSL DO100 is $240, how much would adding DSP cost? $200? $300? I'd love to see that product.
  5. H

I like that piece. I'm not sure that a streamer helps me, personally. Being that I have hundreds and hundreds of movies on my hard drives (god bless torrent files), I like having the mac mini as my streamer, as I can use it for music with Roon and Plex for movies. I like keeping the...
  6. H

I think that checks all the marks. $570 for balanced. Doable. Would love higher SINAD and lower dollars. Yes, I'm a dreamer. But with SMSL, Topping, etc, regularly making high performing DACs at low prices, perhaps including DSP while keeping prices low will be a differentiating factor in...
  7. H

If I was in a position to spend the money, I would happily budget $10,000 for my audio. I'm just not in a position to justify doing so. If the SMSL DO100 had DSP and was $400, I would buy it. We are on a tight budget currently, with a young child. It reminds me when I asked a friend who...
  8. H

Thanks for the recommendation. While I would love to buy the RME, I cannot justify spending that much. The SMSL DO100 costs $239. If they added simple DSP and kept at $400, I'd be thrilled. Even without a mic, a simple digital domain EQ would be highly welcome. Being that current low priced...
  9. H

Is there an affordable DAC / DSP / Preamp combo that preforms well? I have a SMSL DO-100. I use it for my TV sound, music through a mac mini, and bluetooth from phones and laptops. If this had a simple room-correction DSP built in, so that all of my sources were seamlessly corrected, I would...
  10. H

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

Ha! I opened the original Slanted Door and worked with Mark as a server. And thus my love for riesling was born. Had I been offered to place a bet that I would never hear his name on this site, I'd have jumped at the offer. Shows what I know!
  11. H

A Call For Humor!

So much joy in just 159 seconds.
  12. H

Topping preamp

Would you like it now, or would you like to wait until it is ready? HAHA!
  13. H

Parasound Zphono Phono Preamplifier Review

I used to find it amusing that people would claim that chocolate ice cream tasted better than vanilla ice cream of the same brand. I'm no longer amused, just shaking my head that it's come to this.
  14. H

✳ This is it ... the scientific topic we always wanted to discuss ...

If I am not mistaken, time travel already exists, and twice a year appears without much fanfare. But then again, the change between Daylight Savings Time and Standard Time, and back again, is such a smooth transition, no one seems to notice.
  15. H

New 2020 rolling stone ranking of the 500 greatest albums of all time

Their list is so bad I am ashamed I looked at part of it, before I remembered that my time is limited on this Earth, and closed that window. No regrets spending my time writing this note, however.
  16. H

Some Names for Speakers

Ye Olde Transducer Console
  17. H

What electronic audio products you want tested most

While the DAC, amplifier and speaker tests are paramount, as they are ubiquitous in today's playback systems, digital streamers and servers are also. I would hate to see diminished tests with DACs, amplifiers and speakers, and I would absolutely love to see testing with servers and streamers...
  18. H

Parasound Zphono Phono Preamplifier Review

I imagine that the mastering of the CD and LP of the same title may differ greatly, and different releases of the same CD title may have different mastering. This could be a valid reason to prefer a particular LP (or LP rip) over a CD of the same title. It's reasonable and understandable to...
Top Bottom