Search results

1. etc6849

TOPPING EHA5

Not slimy at all IMHO. Any technician or engineer understands rms vs peak to peak vs peak, and it clearly states peak to peak and not RMS. The designer also posts the circuit and many other details here...
  2. etc6849

TOPPING EHA5

The highest the L+ wave can be wrt ground is limited to A = 400V (actually it's a little less than that). Now, since L- (dashed waveform I drew) is the inversion of L+, the max difference between the two sine waves would be 2A or +800V (when L+ is above L-). When L- gets above L+, that means...
  3. etc6849

TOPPING EHA5

I'm pretty sure they're all like that due to math :D But yeah, it confused me for a bit before I drew out the waveform... If you measure L+ or L- wrt audio ground: If you measure between L+ and L- with a differential probe:
  4. etc6849

TOPPING EHA5

Kevin Gilmore is right about these designs with small transformers. My BHSE has the same output at 20Hz as it does at 10Hz and over 20kHz (with no clipping up to its rating of over 1500V peak to peak)... imagine that: a product that actually lives up to its specs. Thanks for measuring this...
  5. etc6849

A comparison of convolution engines

Thanks again! These are all great points and information to consider. I will have to give some of these software options a try and test them out.
  6. etc6849

Hi Keith, thanks for the reply. JRiver has a virtual sound card included, but I'm not sure how stable it is and haven't used it. One problem with JRiver I have is it hangs up sometimes when I try to close it. My theater has an older version of the software though, but I can't imagine relying...
  7. etc6849

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

What I'd like to explore doing is to move my 5.1 system (5 actively tri-amped speakers and 5 subs) to a Windows 10 software based solution that uses normal DACs attached to an RME HDSPe AES sound card (16 channels out). I would need to add a second HDSPe AES card, but RME's software should...
  8. etc6849

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

What I'd like to explore doing is to move my 5.1 system (5 actively tri-amped speakers and 5 subs) to a Windows 10 software based solution that uses normal DACs attached to an RME HDSPe AES sound card (16 channels out). I would need to add a second HDSPe AES card, but RME's software should...
  9. etc6849

Wow, there are a ton of options now! This thread is great. Back when I tri-amped my system and added multiple subs there wasn't a lot of discussion on this topic. What I'd like to explore doing is to move my 5.1 system (5 actively tri-amped speakers and 5 subs) to a Windows 10 software based...
  10. etc6849

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

When I built the system, there weren't cheaper ultra low noise amplifiers available. The Benchmark AHB2's were the only amps that didn't have an audible hiss with my horns, especially once I removed the passive crossovers. I wouldn't want a volume control on something I use for an active...
  11. etc6849

I don't use passive crossovers at all as I was only interested in the best possible performance. I use active FIR filters for H, M and L, and a low order bessel filter for crossing to the 5 subs. Of course all 20 amp channels are time aligned as well. 90dB is at the main listening position...
  12. etc6849

The room dominates a lot too, especially for a normal sized (e.g. small) room. Here are some measurements of my setup at the main listening position. No EQ used either, but it is a customer tri-amped setup crossed to 5 powered subs (so really quad amped).
  13. etc6849

I wish the review would compare AHB2 in bridged mode and in low gain mode versus the LA90 in bridged mode and low gain mode. It seems pretty unfair to compare the LA90 in low gain mode and to the Benchmark AHB2 in high gain mode regardless of the stereo mode and mono mode setting... Amir...
  14. etc6849

End Game Headphones

Benchmark DAC3 B -> HPA4 -> AHB2 x2 in mono -> iFi iESL electrostatic energizer -> Stax SR-X9000 (new flagship). By far the best headphones I've ever heard or owned. I am totally blown away; I've owned many flagship headphones before tri-amping my home theater and giving up on headphones...
  15. etc6849

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Stax SR-X9000 please :) They just came in the mail after waiting months for them, and they are hands down the best headphone I've ever heard. Have them hooked to an absolute world leading signal chain too (Benchmark DAC3 B -> HPA4 -> AHB2 x2 in mono -> iFi iESL electrostatic energizer. I must...
  16. etc6849

Audeze banning customers from visiting unless they are vaxxed?

Has anyone been able to visit Audeze without being required to disclose private personal medical information? I plan to never buy any of their products again... Oh well. I did not-see this coming. I usually go out of my way to spend money on US made products, but can nolonger support a...
  17. etc6849

What do you Benchmark fans/users think?

@stan21 You can always go rack mount to help tie everything together better. I really like the look of my front amps. Best looking and best performing amps I could hope for. If they start putting their stuff in $1k chassis, I could have never built my system as it was already stretching the...
  18. etc6849

Review and Measurements of Benchmark DAC3

I don't want to go into too many details here as this has already derailed this thread for an outstanding product that I also own and love... But, my post said multiple subs reduces THD and concurrently gets rid of unwanted room issues. Your post is only focusing on distortion from the...
  19. etc6849

I don't use the subs anywhere near their rated power; I understand some might though. I am after absolute accuracy in sound reproduction. I use five subs because more subs substantially reduces measured THD at the main listening position (MLP). Concurrently, it greatly helps get rid of any...
  20. etc6849

Can you add multiple subs and cross the speakers to the subs at 80Hz or 100Hz? Multiple subs throughout a room will fix your SPL issues and will negate needing to use that much EQ. I kept adding subs to my room until I had +/-5dB with no EQ at all. It took 5 subs for me, but hopefully you are...
Top Bottom