Search results

1. Mulder

Headphone volume meter

On my iPhone there is a feature that can be added (in control center in settings). This function indicates the decibel level at which you listen in headphones. I'm not sure how this one works, but in a recent video from OLLO-Audio I saw a similar feature that apparently existed for PC (or...
  2. Mulder

Hearing damage video

This is a video from my favorite headphone company OLLO audio about the risk of hearing damage. Perhaps not new information for most of you here at ASR, but headphone listening in general is an health issue. In the video, from the software he is using, he get SPL info. But as a music listner...
  3. Mulder

iOS resampling

Hi! I often use an iPhone when listening to music. But this requires an Apple dongle. This means at the same time that everything that is 44.1 khz is resampled to 48 khz. Does anyone know if there is data on how well iOS and iPhone resample to 48khz? Does anyone have evidence that it causes an...
  4. Mulder

Lenbrooke acquires MQA

https://lenbrook.com/news/ ”Lenbrook Corp., a diversified, privately-owned Canadian enterprise with activities in brand development, technology, and distribution in both residential and commercial audio and the communication sectors, has acquired the assets of MQA, a UK-based industry leader in...
  5. Mulder

Listening test maybe not so usefull

I don’t know if this text has been discussed earlier, but I couldn’t find anyting. Anyway, I found it to be somewhat interesting. Most of what it says are not new to most members of the forum, I suppose, but he is kind of ditching formal listening tests...
  6. Mulder

What is flawed?

In this video, it is claimed and demonstrated that USB-cables make a difference, i.e. the transmission of music in the form of digital signals is affected by the properties of the cable. In the video it is claimed that this is proven by (semi-) scientific method. I want to emphasize that this...
  7. Mulder

Which Linux software.

All of you who are playing your music using a Linux desktop or laptop, what software-player are you using?
  8. Mulder

What about the HiFi-market

Hey all. After participating in some other HiFi forums on Facebook, I have thought a bit about how the HiFi market actually works and what role ASR actually plays in this market. Here are my thoughts. I believe that ASR has become an important voice in the HiFi community, insofar as it is at...
  9. Mulder

Gibb’s phenomenon

I have some thoughts about gibb's phenomenon and how it is handled in today's DACs. When it comes to gibbs phenomenon and how the "ripples" can be handled, ie reduced, there is some written about windowing. But on the other hand, this means that the transition band becomes broader. Is that why...
  10. Mulder

RME changes DAC-chip

RME ADI-2 DAC is a popular DAC among many HiFi interested. I do not know if the following has been noticed elsewhere in the forum, but I have searched but not found anything. RME has replaced the DAC chip in ADI-2 with a chip from ESS. This, of course, as a result of the fire that affected AKM...
  11. Mulder

What do we know and what is just assumptions

This is a video with Rob Watts from Chord talking about DAC technology and basic assumtions about our hearing. Early on in his lecture he make the following claims: We have no understanding of how the brain processes the ear’s data. Make no assumtions ”we can’t hear that error” Psycoacoustic...
  12. Mulder

High resolution

Hello! Some DA-converters implement MQA, some do not. I do not intend to start a new discussion on MQA, but I am wondering about one thing. Behind MQA is the assumption that high-resolution music files give a better sound than CD, ie 16/44. If we ignore the fact that individual recordings may...
Top Bottom