Search results

1. M

Best headphone under 500 euros w/o need for amplifier

If you are lucky maybe you can find Kennerton Magni for 500 euros, they are really good and super easy to drive. https://kennerton.org/magni/ Kennerton = Fischer Audio i think. (You can thank me later, the Magni is a good one) ;-)
  2. M

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I think some has to do with being humble too, if you completely miss this ability life may become a bit harder on you. We are discussing sound but people throwing their own truths all over the place, never ending "jokes" about head-fi, jokes or marking words when people writing "warm"...
  3. M

I guess but some messages... I feel I can't take it, I get upset and want to hit back much harder (in words). ;-) In the same way, why should I sink myself to the same pathetic low level. It's fascinating me posts like my example below aren't moderated but in the same way I guess it's messages...
  4. M

This was my view before too before reading some posts here from people making fun of the forum (and the members) on head-fi (on a constant basis). I guess what's disturbing me is people being the complete opposite of being humble and throwing their own "thruths" all over the place and also this...
  5. M

This Head-fi vs ASR thing some of you guys are doing almost every single day is laughable and embarrassing. I'm not sure this provoking attitude is good for ASR but maybe I'm wrong. Luckily most people except perhaps me and a couple of others don't care at all. I guess you enjoy making fun of...
  6. M

As long as we use the word "smooth" for describing a Burr-Brown equipped DAC it's fine? You really hate the word "warm", guess you are a sensitive guy? (nothing wrong with being sensitive though) Do you think you are better or more competent in this area comparing to the forum users on Head-fi...
  7. M

You writing "The Tempotec Sonata HD Pro is a better DAC", I wouldn't be too sure about this myself, this is your strictly personal view, being humble is not your thing though I guess. ;-) What didn't you like when testing and listening to the iFi Zen Dac? Just found an interesting rank of 170...
  8. M

>Looking to get better sound out of my chromecast audio..is a DAC the answer?

?? easily fixed if this is the issue This is year 2020 and you have services like Tidal (Hifi), Amazon HD, Qobuz, Deezer Music, Primephonic. You don't really have to collect FLACs any longer unless hmmm you really like buying and collecting things? ;-) Not to forget the hundreds of hours of...
  9. M

Can Someone Explain This? Gustard A18 From Apos

"Use the A18 for a day and sold it once tested." You sold it?
  10. M

Schiit Magnius Balanced Headphone Amp Review

I think this is a great review and buyers/owners not reading this review may have split feelings when they realize? The Shiit Magnius having very impressive value but it's good to know to the difference in performance between balanced and unbalanced on this unit (even though it may not be...
  11. M

How do you like the Gustard A18 (MQA / optical updated version) so far and what's your amp? (Shiit Magnius?)
  12. M

Cool, would be fun trying to order from a Chinese site. ;-) Waiting for your experiences, which amp are you having? I'm curious about the Gustard A18 MQA / optical version, looking like better value comparing to D90. (D90 facing strong competition from Gustard A18 and SMSL SU-9)
  13. M

I don't find the MQA version on Shenzhenaudio
  14. M

https://www.mqa.co.uk/newsroom/qa/is-mqa-lossless Honestly, I don't really care if it's lossless or not (from a purist point of view) as long as the quality of sound is great. There may be something seriously wrong with my ears but from my experience so far I get a very good sound experience...
  15. M

Is the new Gustard A18 with optical input and MQA officially on sale now or only on Chinese sites?
  16. M

Maybe it's just me but I'm so incredibly tired of this debate. ;-) Many people downloading/sharing thousands of FLAC files from strange sites without paying for them and then start complaining on MQA/Tidal, really? Don't forget there may be glitches in how the ripping and FLAC building process...
  17. M

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Wondering the same for Topping A90.
  18. M

Hmmm, Gustard A18 is good value comparing to D90 (same DAC chip). Not forgetting about SMSL SU-9, SU-8, M400. Strong competitions between these products right now. Slightly confusing though I would say (for me).
  19. M

Another "truth" teller, cool. I thought MQA files become lossless after the unfolding process though? It's incredibly annoying reading these kind of comments almost every single day. I assume it's something seriously wrong with my ears but for me MQA (Tidal) rendered through my DAC is sounding...
  20. M

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Thanks, I'm still a bit confused about the differences in pre-amp functionality. Topping A90 having pre-amp functionality as well, right? If connecting a A90/D90 stack (or a A90/SU-9 stack) to an active monitor then it's best doing it using the XLR outs on the A90 and enabling pre-amp mode on...
Top Bottom