Search results

1. F

[SOLD] Drop + Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

Used infrequently in the office only. Comes with brand new earpads (with stickers on) after the original ones got unglued and Dan Clark sent me new replacements which I have not used. Original box and all felt pad inserts are included. Cosmetic condition is great, with a couple of minor scuffs...
  2. F

SOLD: Topping D90 DAC

Topping D90 DAC, AKM4499 chip, non-MQA, black, no issues, in original box. Local pick-up in Seattle available too with a discount.
  3. F

[SOLD] Monoprice Monolith THX-365IW In-Wall Speaker

For sale a single new Monoprice Monolith THX-365IW THX Ultra Certified 3-Way In-Wall Speaker. Opened the box to see how it looks, but it’s not been mounted or played. Considered using as a center, but gave up because it’s too big and would require cutting a stud which I want to avoid. Product...
  4. F

Amplifier comparison: March Audio P452 (Purifi 1ET400A) vs Buckeye Hypex NC502MP vs AIYIMA A07 (TPA3255) vs Onkyo TX-NR737 (125W Class AB)

I'll use this thread as my personal blog in The Quest to find The Answer to The Question about Amplifiers. My subjective one, informed by the best science known to me. Both the question and the answer are to be figured out, my first revision of the question is: "What are the audible differences...
  5. F

How to properly A/B compare speakers? Elac DBR62 vs Infinity R152 vs KEF R3 comparison.

Hey folks, I'll be evaluating KEF R3 to replace Elac DBR62 for near-field desk setup, paired with two Infinity R12 subs in stereo with MiniDSP SHD. Until it arrives though, I set up the A/B comparison with Infinity R152 which I have already to see how comparisons go. Here's how the setup...
  6. F

SOLD: ADI-2 DAC FS V2

ADI-2 DAC FS V2 with AK4493 DAC chip. Purchased from B&H about a year ago, in good working condition. Firmware upgraded to latest, restored to factory defaults. Selling because I upgraded to Pro version (on pic below). Prefer local sale in Seattle Area. $850
  7. F

Looking for suggestions how to improve my office desk audiophile setup

A diagram of my setup: Dirac Live is set up with "Focused imaging" and measured in all 13 points. Here's how it's measured and my target: The latest addition to my system was miniDSP SHD and it made a significant improvement in my sound quality with the following: - Flexible crossover that...
  8. F

Amazon Music Ultra HD on FireTV cube remarkably better than HD - why?

In my quest to find a good and convenient source for Amazon Music in my living room recently found out FireTV cube supports Ultra HD quality up to 24bit/192kHz on Amazon Music over HDMI. It was disabled by default, but when I enabled it wow, the difference is remarkable and very obvious. Like a...
  9. F

In-wall speakers upgrade recommendation

I'm currently using Polk Audio RC85i in-wall speakers in my living room together with RC80i in-ceiling surround/height and 255c-RT center. I never liked how music sounds in my living room. Recently tried out Polk Audio TSi300 towers and even though they are cheap low-end they sounded much better...
  10. F

My first successful speaker and room correction using REW and MacOS system-wide EQ

Acknowledgement Thanks @3125b for the suggestion to use a measurement microphone for room correction EQ at my first noob question on the forum and everyone else's comments - without your advice I would have spent $1000+ on stuff without getting any actual improvement, where now I got a massive...
  11. F

Upgrade dilemma - would Topping D90 + A90 would be an improvement vs Motu M2 + Magni Heresy for headphones and studio monitors?

Hi Folks First I'd like to mention I'm in a pretty happy place right now with my audio setup: Playing Amazon Music HD on MacBook with Motu M2 connected by XLR to KRK 10s subwoofer and Rokit 8 G2 powered studio monitors and RCA to Magni Heresy. Using a modest set of headphones - Sennheiser...
Top Bottom