Search results

1. pallatin

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I've been using this Truthear x Crinacle Zero and loving it very much since I got it months ago. However, now I'm using the Truthear Hexa and enjoying it every little bit as well! Hexa is a little more 'neutral' to me, sounds 'crisper'. The Zero is perfect when I want a little more bass out my...
  2. pallatin

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

...the FiiO with a C200 specifically?
  3. pallatin

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Please help: how can I connect my C200 to my iPhone?. I’ve tried regular Lightning to USB-C cables and I’ve had no luck. Why is that?
  4. pallatin

Curiosity question: What is "worse"... audio playing through AAC Bluetooth codec or having the audio upsampled to 48kHz?

I just like YouTube Music somehow, and feel the audio coming out of it is more than fine, I honestly cannot distinguish from Apple Music Lossless with my current equipment.
  5. pallatin

Curiosity question: What is "worse"... audio playing through AAC Bluetooth codec or having the audio upsampled to 48kHz?

Is AAC over USB (not bluetooth) fine for audio quality? Or just don't bother with it, and go with some kind of lossless instead?
  6. pallatin

What Is An Audiophile?

So, we're the "scientific" audiophile kind, not the audiophoolery kind.
  7. pallatin

What Is An Audiophile?

I agree, but there's nowhere near the same amount of discussion on music. Because, of course, this is not a music forum. Instead we're a very tiny fraction of the global population worrying about specs and equipment, instead of listening shit music on shit equipment (but enjoying it somehow). At...
  8. pallatin

What Is An Audiophile?

It's anyone who worries too much about specs and measurements, no matter how minuscule or impossible to hear the numbers are. Instead of enjoying music itself. Focuses on the equipment and the reproduction aspects of music, not the actual music in any meaningful way. It's anyone who listens...
  9. pallatin

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

What should I do if I got mine on Amazon, from SHENZHENAUDIO? Or am I screwed and can only hope it won't blow up any of my headphones?
  10. pallatin

Topping E30 DAC Review

That's the thing. Pure DAC mode is always 0 dB, but I need to control the volume to lower it to -6 dB. Would I lose sound quality that way in PRE mode?
  11. pallatin

Topping E30 DAC Review

Is there any difference in sound quality (even if it's only measurable) between PRE and DAC mode?
  12. pallatin

Gain switch at 0 or +9 dB?
  13. pallatin

This seems like a great little amp. Is this enough for Hifiman Sundara?
  14. pallatin

Why would someone choose the D90/A90 stack over a ADI-2-DAC FS?

RME all the way. It has the right balance of performance and features, in an all-in-one package. And it's perfect quality German engineering. Those better measurements no longer matter as they're in the inaudible realm already.
  15. pallatin

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

Holy s**t, this is a train wreck. How could this possibly cost $6000? Maybe some people just like to buy these ugly distortion simulators, no matter the price.
  16. pallatin

Audio interface to DAC. Worth it?

Thank you. Sorry, but I'm a bit confused on how to manage the "gain staging" between those 2 devices for optimal performance. Any guide I can follow? Sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie in this particular headphones/amp matter (never been much of a headphones guy, until just recently). I just don't...
  17. pallatin

What would be the proper way to send the signal from the Babyface Pro FS to the JDS Labs Atom amp?. ¿Do I need 3.5mm cable interconnect from the 3.5mm headphone output in the Babyface Pro FS, that goes to the 3.5mm input in the JDS Labs Atom? ¿Isn't this a bad practice, "double amping" or...
  18. pallatin

Thank you. I just purchased a JDS Labs Atom to complement the Babyface Pro FS, for an incoming high impedance headphone. That Atom seems awesome for the price!
Top Bottom