Search results

1. Z

Cables can be measured!

The paper in question: https://boson.physics.sc.edu/~kunchur/papers/Interconnect-cable-measurements--Kunchur.pdf Opinions?
  2. Z

freeDSP Aurora-based USB 8-channel DSP/DAC/Preamp/Amp Build (in progress)

Wow, interesting project - keeping an eye on this. I'm in the planning phase of making a fully active tower system, and have been beating my head over what DSP to use, because I'm planning on making multiple DSP boxes which needs to be "orchestrated". It is not fun to configure (at least) 6 DSP...
  3. Z

Help Selecting a PC Audio Setup

Hi @Absonic I'd go with active system - please excuse my comment. My current system are all active speakers. I use PC (and Macs) to play my music. I don't use headphones, so can't comment much on that. My current system consist of these components: PC: Lenovo Legion gaming laptop running...
  4. Z

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

What are the difference between SGD1 and SGD2? I mean feature wise.... I want to buy SGD1 but I need a display to see Source/Sample rate/Filter type/Volume level in dB at all time, thus I hesitated clicking buy on SGD1.
  5. Z

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

@Ben1987 what is the timeline for SGD2?
  6. Z

Dont like the sound of room correction

@krizvi786 how exactly did you do the measurement? Is the measurement mic OK? What is your room/seating situation? I doubt it has anything to do with the DRC algorithm, but more to the room it self, or to the method of measurement...
  7. Z

Matrix Audio Element M - First impression

@somy If you can get another access point, add another access point to your network just for troubleshooting purposes. It seem that Matrix Audio Element series are a bit picky with what access point they are connected to.
  8. Z

AK4499 vs ES9038Pro / Gustard DAC-X26 vs Gustard DAC-A22

I'm 100000000% sure that it won't sound the same. DACs as a unit does not comprise of the DAC CHIP alone, same DAC chip but different power supply circuit, with different output signal circuit will make the DAC (as a unit) sound different, and will show different test results too... Btw, the...
  9. Z

It is a bit out of topic, but he did say that there's a DAC with ESS 9038 chip for less than 30 USD, but does it sound as good as a Mytek unit with the same DAC chip? We all can absolutely say that no, it won't sound the same. The point of the video is: Is it good enough if we use the specs...
  10. Z

Sometimes we forgot that -110dB is just a number. The distortion, however minuscule, when it's additive to the content we're listening, we can heal weird artifact when we listen WITH content. Distortion cannot be measured without content. When you play something through the DAC, the distortion...
  11. Z

I guess, if we really want to know, find a DAC chip implementation that we can tap directly to the DAC's chip output, and measure from there? That's the logical step we can try...
  12. Z

A well designed DAC chip SHOULD be transparent, it SHOULD convert the digital data to analog in the most precise way as designed by the DAC chip designer. One thing that we mostly forgot, DAC chips has reconstruction filter. This is the filter that transforms digital data into it's analog shape...
  13. Z

DAC Upgrade to R2R advice

When you use 2 DACs, and once they misaligned, you need to restart them both. There is no analog correction can be done to it, just a restart on both digital systems. As I said earlier, it's not about "how it sounds", it's more about "to be in sync on all of the digital audio chain". Your DAC's...
  14. Z

If you have DSP based crossover like miniDSP SHD Studio, you will need 2 DACs to run each of it's output. One DAC is driving one pair of speaker system, and another DAC to run the other pair. Edit1: Crossover is not simply just giving it a low/high pass filter, once the low/high pass filter...
  15. Z

You can try it by your self easily, use 2 DACs on your computer, then use some mixing software to use both DACs to play same content, let's say a 10 hour concert of some sort. Play the content then leave. Go back to check on the synchronization in every hour, you will hear that one DAC will play...
  16. Z

It is not the differences between how each clocks sounds, that's not the issue. The issue is that each device with it's own clock can drift from each other. So in this case, if I use one DAC to drive my 2 way speakers, and another DAC for the sub, after some time, those DACs will not sound right...
  17. Z

No, if I use them with miniDSP SHD Studio, with the same master clock (too bad miniDSP SHD Studio does not have clock input), I can run a pair of this dac for Dirac Live corrected audio system that will never drift from each other. Master clock is not only used in video production, anything...
  18. Z

It has master clock input !!! Now that's interesting...
Top Bottom