Search results

1. D

RIP Alan Arkin

2. D

Black Dog (cover)

This YouTube upload is a couple of years old but apparently went viral on TikTok recently. Forgive me if somebody previously posted it on ASR.
  3. D

SMSL DO200 MKII vs DO300?

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on one of them very soon. The glut of DAC offerings in this price ($400-$500) range seem to have become bewilderingly homogeneous in features and specs. I'm leaning toward the well reviewed DO200 MKII because it's roughly a $100 cheaper and while it lacks...
  4. D

SABAJ A20d 2022 vs SMSL DO200

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which one to get? They only have a $20 price difference and their features and measurements are nearly identical. Aesthetics aside, I suspect the Sabaj's build quality might have a slight edge? The SMSL seems to have substantially more tonal options and it...
  5. D

Does Anything Surpass The JBL STAGE A130's?

At the price of $200 a pair ("Special Purchase") with free s/h from Crutchfield. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109SA130AM/JBL-Stage-A130.html
  6. D

Who Is Using Acoustic Panels?

Do they really help that much and how should they be arranged? I watched this recently posted YouTube video and it really piqued my interest on the subject. I know every listening environment is different so please post some pics if you can, thanks!
  7. D

APPARENTLY DEFECTIVE S.M.S.L AO200

My unit has it's L/R channels reversed when using the USB input from 2 different Windows 10 computers. Also tried 2 different USB cables (2.0 & 3.0) with no difference. USB sticks play files channel correct as does the balanced/unbalanced analog inputs. I'll be testing the BT just before boxing...
  8. D

"Soft Clipping" - Enable or Disable?

My SMSL AO200 amp has this feature and it was disabled by default from the factory. I enabled the setting as a precautionary measure. I know it's basic purpose is to protect your speakers. However, if I don't blast my music extremely loud do I need it enabled? Also wondering if enabling will...
  9. D

Dayton Audio MX15-22 for DIY Passive Subwoofer Project

The video below really piqued my interest. I probably would go with a prefab knockdown kit since I lack the woodworking skills or tools and use something other than an $800+ Crown amp to drive it. These new Dayton woofers definitely seem like the way to go in terms of price/performance...
  10. D

Please explain why they rebooted Suicide Squad?

I only saw the 1st one about 3 or 4 years ago. Thought it was a hot mess and kind of a waste of time. Is the new one that much better? I appreciate all comments but please indicate whether you've seen both, thanks.
  11. D

Beware of Certain 8k Receivers for Gaming

Just saw this statement in a recent Cnet article: "It turns out that the initial crop of 8K receivers from Denon, Yamaha and Marantz were manufactured using a chipset that's incompatible with 4K/120Hz and VRR. When a user connects a device using VRR at more than 4K/60Hz, the receiver refuses to...
  12. D

Class D is the "King" of Amplifier Topology?

Sure seems that way to me and I'm certainly not alone. Didn't happen overnight, though. Remember when Class D was a dirty word? Now we have that topology being incorporated into some of the finest amplifier designs in existence. Who or what was responsible for this revolution? Even though I'm...
  13. D

What's Your Used Vehicle Worth?

We paid about $16k for a 2017 compact SUV just last year. According to the estimator linked below, it's now worth about 8k more (if sold to a private party) than what we paid for it. I know these are crazy times, but that's almost borderline insanity, eh? The old adage about value depreciation...
  14. D

Aiyima T8 vs Douk Audio P1 vs ?

Shopping for a BT 5 tube buffer or preamp (with or without remote) that's under $200 to mate with my Sabaj A10a amplifier. I'm leaning toward the T8. Anybody own either the Aiyima or Douk models and your thoughts please? Friendly recommendations from anyone else are also welcome, thanks. Forget...
  15. D

Laurel & Hardy, 3 Stooges, Abbott & Costello, Marx Brothers, ???

What other classic comedy teams should I have mentioned? My favorite has always been The 3 Stooges. Among classic cartoons, Tom & Jerry, Wile E. Coyote & the Road Runner, Bugs & Elmer, Daffy Duck & whoever, the list goes on and on. It's getting too late for me, sorry. Good night for now.
  16. D

Are Magnetically Attracted Banana Plug Tips Undesirable?

The tips themselves aren't magnetic, however they're definitely attracted to one. The rest of the banana plug where the wire is secured is NOT ferromagnetic. The plugs were also marketed as being "gold plated" and I acquired them off the 'zon a year or two ago. They also still look shiny and...
  17. D

The Purifi Eigentakt Is My Dream Amplifier

Probably a dual monoblock configuration to be specific. The combination of super clean output power, low impedance rating, compact design, simplicity, Class D efficiency, etc., what more can you ask for? Are there any feature-laden integrated amplifiers or receivers based on this design yet...
  18. D

Tell us about your worst audio equipment disaster ever

Mine was way back in the day when I use to freelance DJ parties. I was dumb enough for attempting to use home audio equipment for doing the job. About halfway into the gig, I blew a tweeter in one of my 80's era 15" woofer Marantz speakers while using a flagship Realistic receiver to drive them...
  19. D

Which Losing Pro Sports Team(s) Do or Did You Obsessively Root For?

Being a Michigan native, I have a lot of choices because of Detroit City. The Pissons (Pistons) have been bad for so long, I don't even follow any NBA action anymore. Likewise with the Deadwings (Redwings) although I'm somewhat optimistic for them now that Yzerman is back as GM. I won't even get...
  20. D

Who loves a good coney dog?

I'm from Michigan and they're available all over the place around here. I prefer Koegel Vienna's over Nathan's or any other wiener. Traditional style coney meat sauce with lots of finely chopped onion and topped with mustard. Don't mind topping one with a little ketchup also. Buns have to be...
Top Bottom