Search results

1. D

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Can someone with technical expertise please explain this guy's problem? It's an amazon review, FYI. 1.0 out of 5 stars This product Is terrible and here is why… Reviewed in the United States on December 13, 2023 Style: WiiM Pro PlusVerified Purchase I went through two of these...
  2. D

Sabaj A30a announced

I swapped out my Infinity's for the Heco's the other day and only have about 10 hrs on them. They definitely have enough solid authoritative bass for me and they're at least the Infinity's equal in that dept. The highs are more refined and smoother too. Soundstage, imaging and detail surpass the...
  3. D

Sabaj A30a announced

I just ordered a pair of Heco Aurora 700 towers from the 'zon. I couldn't pass up the early Black Friday deal they had going on. The white finish wasn't my 1st choice but the $104 price difference per pair plus an additional $200 promo savings (Prime CC offer) was just too good to pass up. The...
  4. D

Teac's Hypex Amps

Basically lipstick on a pig. The specs and power for that much money doesn't impress me in the least.
  5. D

Sabaj A30a announced

I'm a relatively happy A30a owner and my new speaker budget is up to $1,500. I've narrowed my floor standing speaker choice to a pair of HECO Aurora 700's or the Focal Chora 826's. Musicality, Soundstage, Imaging, Detail, Warmth, and all the other desirable "subjective" qualities are my...
  6. D

Sabaj A30a announced

Thanks, I also found this info by Googling: Subwoofer Settings "If you have large floor-standing main speakers, set the subwoofer's crossover between 40Hz and 60Hz. If you have smaller bookshelf speakers, set the crossover slightly higher at around 50Hz to 80Hz. For small satellite speakers...
  7. D

Sabaj A30a announced

I've owned the A30a since last summer and I'm mostly pleased with it like my other Sabaj stuff. I also like the control options, but why didn't they go any lower than 70Hz for the sub frequency cutoff?
  8. D

Ask me questions.

That was a reply to what dartinbout said: Mr. Yang, Thank you for answering our myriad questions. I have but one request. Your remote controls put out a weak IR signal and are highly directional. My extensive Topping stack, sits across the room from my main listening...
  9. D

Sabaj A30a announced

I just got an A30a during Prime days. What's the first thing(s) I should do besides hooking everything up and NOT reading the manual? Subwoofer integration will be soon. I already have decent speaker wire, interconnects, etc.
  10. D

Ask me questions.

I will NEVER buy another Topping product that has a remote. I bought a TOPPING E70 Velvet DAC and the remote absolutely sucks! My old SABAJ D5's remote works great. Also, the D5 actually sounds much better than the E70V too. I did a clean swap to the E70V and it sounds cold/lifeless compared to...
  11. D

Hivi 3.1A DIY Speaker With Sehlin Mod Review

What are the differences between the current "DIY 3" and the previously offered "DIIY 3.1a" kits in addition to what I've pasted below? Component values of the crossover changed following the "Perfectionist" alignment. All crossover components glued to the board to reduce vibration. The...
  12. D

Sabaj A30a announced

I've got an A30a coming tomorrow. Just hope I made the right decision and I get a new one, not some repacked or used unit. Has anyone bought one recently and did it have the latest firmware?
  13. D

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Say Goodbye..... Oldest Craft Brewery in the U.S. Is Shutting Down
  14. D

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I just ordered a HiVi-Swans DIY 3 (NOT 3.1a) speaker kit @ the Prime Day price of $271.99, which is supposedly 20% off. Apparently the kit has been revised to include the Sehlin Perfectionist Crossover mod parts. There's only a dozen left at the time of this post. Additions and Changes Make...
  15. D

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

I luv their can with the airtight screw-on cap.
  16. D

subwoofers with dual opposed drivers

That's quite an interesting thread about those SA-WX900 mods you posted here a while back: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/sony-sa-wx900-push-pull-subwoofer-pictures-measurements-mods.40966/
  17. D

subwoofers with dual opposed drivers

I used to have a Sony SA-WX700. Sadly it was a victim of bad capacitors on the plate amplifier. I believe it's design was of the "Perlisten Push/Pull" variety. I also remember it was a window rattler and house shaker before it gave up the ghost.
  18. D

RIP Alan Arkin

He was certainly one of the most versatile character actors in cinematic history. I'm sure many people didn't know he was in the folk music band "The Tarriers" as their lead singer when they scored their only hit "The Banana Boat Song" back in 1956.
  19. D

RIP Alan Arkin

Top Bottom