Search results

1. strea

Trying to understand volume

Help me understand volume please. I provided two links below, one from the Genelec manual and one from the ADI-2 DAC manual. I am trying to calculate what type of headroom / what volume range I'll be working within the ADI-2 DAC for typical listening. I'm fairly new to the audio industry and...
  2. strea

REW Measurements, any thoughts?

Not sure if this is the place to post this, please move if necessary. Genelec 7050c + 8030c's driven by Topping E70 in 11ft x 11ft x 9ft room Green is my 2nd correction.. I had moved my subwoofer into the corner and my speakers were directly on my desktop. Red is my 3rd correction.. the...
  3. strea

Topping E70 randomly went to MAX volume..

Not sure what happened but all the sudden the E70 went from -30db or so to 0db. Basically blew out my ears for a few seconds and it was stuck on 0db, I couldn't even lower it. Tried spinning the volume control on the E70 for a few seconds, it was locked at 0db. Afraid to put my windows volume...
  4. strea

Why don't DACs have volume pots?

I want a DAC for my active studio monitors, but if you take a Schiit Bifrost for example.. it has no volume control? Why do I need an amp/DAC combo for volume control when my active monitors are already amplified on their own. The amp section is therefore wasted for my purpose, no? What...
  5. strea

Subwoofer/DAC for Genelec 8020d or 8030c

Hello all and thank you for your time. I've spent weeks now reading the forums/researching and still don't have the confidence to move forward on a purchase. Therefore, looking for some personalized advice. Purpose of setup: Listening to music - No mixing/mastering Room size: 11 ft x 11 ft x 9...
  6. strea

Upgrading from ODAC+Gustard H10 to A90/D90 -- is it worth it?

Hello all and thank you for your time. I am currently using an old school JDS Labs Standalone ODAC and a Gustard H10 (single ended output) to power my Audeze LCD-3. I was unsatisfied with this combo until I really dug deep into JRiver's Parametric EQ's and found a sound signature I have been...
Top Bottom