Search results

1. J

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

I have owned several Stax Lambdas, L700, and currently own the 007s. Given enough amplification, they provide a sound that I do not hear from non-electrostatic headphones. I have owned various Sennheiser, Bose, Audio Technica electret, Grado headphones and owned and really tried to like the Dan...
  2. J

How much better is the KEF LS50 Wireless 2 vs 1 (In terms of pure sound quality)

If you mean the KC62, it wasn’t considered as it wasn’t available when I purchased the SVS3000. I can handle the larger size, so I would still buy the SVS3000 for the greater output and the SVS app is quite good. If is didn’t have the space, the KC62 looks nice.
  3. J

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Thanks for the reference link. I’ll try it next week.
  4. J

I have a Mjolnir KGSShv amplifier for my Stax L700 headphones and use the XLR outputs.
  5. J

Sorry if this is a question that has been asked before…… But what dB loudness level should I put the RME at as an input to my electrostatic headphone amplifier which has its own volume knob? I’m thinking -13 dB is about right, but I’m not sure. In this case, I’m only using the RME for its DAC...
  6. J

Recommended subwoofer pairing with KEF LS50w?

Just standard, less pressure on the small KEF woofer (and I couldn’t hear or measure the difference).
  7. J

Can you beat my option? KEF LS50 Wireless II + SVS SB-2000 Pro

Thanks, I didn’t notice they updated the app….good improvement if I want to add the second sub. Originally it was mono, but I can confirm the app does now have a toggle for stereo.
  8. J

How much better is the KEF LS50 Wireless 2 vs 1 (In terms of pure sound quality)

Agree with Darwin that the original app was buggy. I had to reboot the system many times… The Wireless II app has worked well, no issues.
  9. J

Can you beat my option? KEF LS50 Wireless II + SVS SB-2000 Pro

My room is 12 wide by 17-21 ft long (its irregular) and 9 foot ceiling, lots of diffusion and absorption in various areas. I have the KEF Wireless II (previous two speakers were KEF Wireless, Energy Veritas 2.3i) and SVS SB3000, nearly the same combination that you’re considering. A few...
  10. J

I owned the original Wireless and currently own the Wireless II. I really enjoyed the original Wireless with pristine and clear sound, with excellent width of imaging and reasonable bass that I extended through an SVS SB3000 subwoofer through the KEF app, using their digital crossover. The...
  11. J

Bike Advice

When my knees decided that they had enough jogging, I moved to a recumbent Schwinn bike. Not high tech, just simple operation and smooth flywheel at a reasonable price. My first one was crushed by the moving company so, I’ve had two models, both were around $400. I’ve been happy with both and I...
  12. J

Stax Tube Amplifier Distortion vs Solid State

There is no question that the tube energizer has lower power capability before its distortion rises. To the extent you listen softly then you won't notice it. In my use I do and have been frustrated for a lot time about the tube amp becoming distorted before I run out of satisfaction with the...
  13. J

Looking for room treatment advice

In addition to the GIK and ATS Acoustic panels in the high visibility areas, I have DIY with interior wall Corning fiberglass from Home Depot and wrapped it with acoustic fabric and placed this in lower visibility areas. I also made a pillow from non-fiberglass acoustic material to absorb some...
  14. J

Looking for room treatment advice

Some great articles on reflections, absorption, diffusion, bass traps. https://ethanwiner.com/early_reflections.htm Some relatively affordable, interesting visuals for diffusion and absorption’s. https://www.gikacoustics.com/
  15. J

Room treatment, advice

I don’t have sophisticated measurements but I did just as you said. I added fiberglass covered by acoustic fabric (Guilford) behind cabinets, in cabinets, in corners and also put diffusion/absorption on the ceiling and back walls. It strongly reduced the bass standing waves and greatly improved...
  16. J

Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier Review & Comparison

Please publish! I’d love to see how you equalize the unit. I have a 700 as well with an RME and Mjolnir amp and I’d like to try your settings.
  17. J

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

RME ADI-2 DAC. Especially like the digital parametric equalizer. Also helped me to make the move to the KEF Wireless ii after review of the frequency response posted. Thanks Amir
  18. J

Recommended subwoofer pairing with KEF LS50w?

In my room of 12 x 21 x 9, the SVS SB3000 have been a great match to my KEF LS50 Wireless ii. Use the KEF digital crossover setting at 75hz. The parametric app works well, I had a high Q boost of 4 db at 63hz to deal with a minor room cancellation (Took care of most of the cancellations with...
  19. J

New KEF LS50 collection with new Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT) coming.

Funny you should mention The Beach Boys as that is my favorite song from them. I think the meta material really is absorbing the back wave and cleaning up the mids to treble and you can also see that the response is much smoother in the new Wireless ii. It feels so much more relaxing, like few...
  20. J

New KEF LS50 collection with new Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT) coming.

I haven’t seen many reviews of the KEF LS50 Wireless ii so I thought I would chime in on my experience, especially since I have come directly from the KEF LS50 Wireless. I really enjoyed the original Wireless with pristine and clear sound, with excellent width of imaging and reasonable bass that...
Top Bottom