Search results

1. M

Panasonic RP-HT16 Headphone Review

Come on guys, it got a score of 83.1 with EQ! I was really tempted to vote "Great"
  2. M

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report

Thanks to Amir those pictures don't give me FOMO anymore, they just make me chuckle. All hail to the king of measurements !
  3. M

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

Just a wild guess, but maybe it's easier/cheaper to ship?
  4. M

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

Collecting the money of undiscerning customers ... and spending a good chunk of it for marketing.
  5. M

Buckeye NC502MP 8-Ch Amplifier Teardown

Yeah, it's not great, but the wires are at least somewhat perpendicular to each other.
  6. M

B&O Beolab 20 Speaker Review

Oh! I just found it's little brother at IKEA ^^ https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/vappeby-bluetooth-speaker-lamp-outdoor-gray-40515281/#content
  7. M

B&O Beolab 20 Speaker Review

Whoa, that first song is crazy! Thanks for the recommendation @amirm !
  8. M

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

For the uninitiated: Nubert is a German speaker manufacturer, selling speakers directly to customers only (direct distribution) - and as far as I know only ship to locations in Europe... https://www.nubert.de/ (I have a pair of their active studio monitors and absolutely love them!)
  9. M

1More Sonoflow NC Headphone Review

Thanks for the review! Noise cancelling ✅ Wireless ✅ Good battery life ✅ Acceptable sound quality (EQ'd) ✅ Low price ✅ I'm not a headphone guy, but that's exactly what I was looking for when I have to be one :)
  10. M

End Game DIY Loudspeakers

I think this is worth watching for everyone who is interested in DIY speakers. Acoustic engineer designing a speaker from start to finish:
  11. M

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

Well, one might argue that it somehow didn't pass QC before it was shipped out, but the label clearly says "PASS" ; so it's indeed just a overpriced piece of junk...
  12. M

TAD Evolution 2 Speaker Review

They could've been made in Atlantis and it still wouldn't change a thing. Mediocre performance for its price with a lackluster design, IMHO.
  13. M

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

Wow but Ouch! That's (at least in part) the price of R&D I suppose. Great that amirm prefers the headphones without EQ 70% of the time. That's how it should be!
  14. M

Bowers & Wilkins Formation Flex Review (Speaker)

Voted headless for one reason: In my book, a "lifestyle" speaker in this price range sporting bad UX/UI is a failed product
  15. M

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

Will buy one once they get an utility patent in the US on their cable. Judging from their chief EE's words this will be a walk in the park and clearly the next thing they will do after such a feat of engineering.
  16. M

Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Communicator Review (Phono Preamp)

Thanks for the review! I'd love to see its innards.
  17. M

Behringer Truth B2031A - how truthful is it? (review / modding)

I don't think that Behringer tried to save money here. It's more about trying not to cannibalize the market share of their higher end products. Selling a cheap low end product that vies with their much more expensive offerings for customers is just not profitable for them.
  18. M

Cybershaft Platinum Review (External Clock & PS)

Writing such BS next to an image of his mug... Is he a politician?
  19. M

Digital voice recorders (with "hold-to-record")

Hi guys! Maybe you can help me out. I'm looking for a voice recorder that offers a "hold-to-record" option, that is, it only records while I'm holding the record button. (No, I don't want to use my phone.) It has to be digital and can preferably work as an audio interface to my PC. I checked...
  20. M

KOSS Porta Pro Review (On-ear Headphone)

Thanks amirm for the review! I first heard of them in the 2000s. Crazy that they are around since the 80s oO
Top Bottom