Search results

1. Iglo

Your favorite IEMs?

I tried quite a few IEM's but didn't like the feel. I want to like them but in ear fit for the ones I tried didn't work for me. The only ones I can tolerate for more than an hour are the Apple earbuds :( (the regular ones, only used for voice/video calls). I do however keep an interest in IEM's...
  2. Iglo

RPi 4 or Allo USBridge signature for feeding Topping E30 ?

Overall the RPi should be running rock solid. I have a few for different projects and all are running without any hickups, my first guess would indeed be a defective SD. If for instance the RPi is running and loses power (or someone just detaches the power as a way of shutting it down) this can...
  3. Iglo

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

I understand @Sir Sanders Zingmore is explaining that if the steaks are (measurable) all cooked to exactly the same degree they will be identical. A DAC that measures transparant (any differences are not in the audible range) they will all sound the same. Of course then you have a subjective...
  4. Iglo

SHP9500 VS Fidelio X2HR

Welcome to the forum! Are you looking for a greater soundstage only for gaming or also for music? If you want a larger/more precise soundstage for gaming the Windows 10 Dolby Atmos works surprisingly well (I think it is called Dolby Access, and you can try it for a few days for free). It's not...
  5. Iglo

Audio noob wants help with portable headphone DAC/AMP selection

I do agree with @artburda. Looking at your setup you would get the most improvement if you would upgrade the headphones. There are some very nice headphones available in the price range you have listed for the DAC/Amps. There are many options depending on your music genre/sound preference...
  6. Iglo

Searching for an AMP and DAC for DT 1990 Pro

Yes the A50s is also a fine amp. Basically all Topping amps sound the same (any differences in measurements are not audible). The different versions/price brackets differ on: 1. power output 2. connection options 3. features The A50s offers a balanced headphone output and less gain settings...
  7. Iglo

Personally I don’t have hand on experience (but do dig through the test results of other devices). But you can use the measurements overview posted earlier. Obviously other brands are not immune to potential problems with a product, and I'm happy how Topping handled the issue.
  8. Iglo

Early versions (serial numbers up to 2011xxxxx*) could, in very rare cases, go defect and in a few specific cases result in damage headphones (there are a few cases on the forum). Topping fixed the issue (serial numbers 2012xxxx and newer) and replaced devices that had a risk of going...
  9. Iglo

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

I'm curious that the Hifiman Arya would do... I had the Ananda/Arya (just because I would like to see what a planar could bring) or the HD800s on my whish list for a step up in my headphone setup. Listening in a store is not a very good option right now, but these reviews help to at least cross...
  10. Iglo

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

Didn't see this coming (based on most subjective reviews) although maybe people like some "character" a not so good measuring headphone gives? I had my eye on the Ananda for some time but looking at the results I don't think it's for me..
  11. Iglo

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Glad to hear everything is working again!
  12. Iglo

There are many DAC options you can check them here: Audio Electronics Review and Measurements Index | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum Just select "Device Type" > "DAC dedicated" and "Recommendation" > "Yes". A Shiit Modi or Topping D10s could be good options. Although the D10s has a quite...
  13. Iglo

Just to check all options, could you try the L30 with another source (so maybe laptop > amp) without the E30? And if the status led on? Third thing that comes to mind; do you hear the relays click when you change the front switches (OFF / HPA / PRE)?
  14. Iglo

No problem, glad to be of help! Not so long ago I was struggling with exactly the same questions. I was comparing the top end models (DAC/Amps) just to come to the realization that for my use case it didn't matter that much (not audible anyway). Regarding the statement that the "THX 789" (THX...
  15. Iglo

I must say that I like the clicking sounds, feels like the amp is getting ready for business ;)
  16. Iglo

Both amps have good performance. The Topping L30 measures better overall, but still for your headphones this difference isn't really audible (except when using very sensitive IEMs, where the L30 does have the upper edge). There are however, some pros and cons to take in to account. The SP200...
  17. Iglo

Yes, the L30 has relay controlled outputs (so the clicks you hear when using the switches are the relays).
  18. Iglo

Yes, the HD660s are mentioned as a reference and indeed fairly easy to drive. The initial review of Amir also states that there is ample power even with inefficient headphones (using a standard 2V input). As stated by JohnYang1997 earlier in this topic you will have almost max output at 16Ohm...
  19. Iglo

The E30 has an output of 2.15V. 2V is standard for a unbalanced output. The L30 accepts up to 3V I guess to accommodate for DACs with a higher output voltage but I don't recall the nitty gritty details. I can, however, confirm that the E30 paired with L30 have ample of power. As for how much...
  20. Iglo

Any idea about a +5VDC very low noise psu that could be used with a dac ?

It was a bit of a joke although with a serious note. Generic chargers can vary greatly in quality (and safety). Apple chargers, as you would expect, do perform very well and are quite advanced especially compared to some fake/unbranded chargers. But as mentioned I do not expect much benefit over...
Top Bottom