Search results

1. S

Trying to understand the turntable/vinyl world...

Hi, all, well, It seems to me the TT world is very difficult to understand. It seems very wild world. In 2019 I bought a "cheap" AT LP120X turntable (not really the same as AT LP120 but cheaper) I bought it going against several people's advice (online and offline) The general (strong) advice...
  2. S

Dynamic range, loudness war, remasters.

Hi all! Im confused about the so called loudness war. First, I wonder why DR compression became a thing with CDs. It seems to me nobody was discussing loudness war before CD. But I might be wrong. Yes, there was DR compression but I don't remember it was an issue. I have read that making...
  3. S

Yamaha NS-F350 anyone?

Hi all! Has anyone had any experience with these Yamaha NS-F350 speakers? I have never heard about them before and seems as if they are mainly for European market: https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/speaker_systems/ns-f350/index.html Tried google but little if anything comes...
  4. S

Soundstage and image

Hello all. I frequently read people talking about soundstage and image, sometimes they seem to mean the same, sometimes not. I usually read that "this" particular DAC/cartridge/stylus/Phono Peamp/speakers provide much better image/soundstage... I understand image as the identification of...
  5. S

Old (vintage) vs new CD Player DAC differences?

Hello all. Im curious as to know how much of a difference is there in entry level CD players from the 90s as compared to current ones. Particularly, I would like to know about how much better is a current DAC vs an old one. Here I refer to entry level (cheap/inexpensive) CD players only. I got a...
  6. S

3 way speakers, super tweeters, etc...

Hi all! It seems to me (I might be wrong) that there are few 3 way speakers on the market nowadays (I mean, new, recent models, not talking about going the vintage path). I remember back in the 80s and 90s I used to see several 3 way speakers. But somehow I notice a change in the market where...
  7. S

AV Receiver for music, class D or class A/B...

Hello all! I have a few questions about AV receivers. I have this Yamaha RXV483 which to my ears it sounds very good. I decided to buy an AV receiver because I have several DVD and Blu Ray about rock, heavy metal and classical music and opera concerts. Im not really into movies. (I have...
Top Bottom