Search results

1. J

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I think you (and several others) should follow your own advice. You seem to be slapping down people who are not as rabidly upset as you are. You have made your point - quite forcefully, dramatically, and insistently. You don’t like your unit, it does not meet your expectations. Return it...
  2. J

Uhhh. Sorry. Amir and ASR are not a government run consumer protection agency or goods testing service. He has no duty to you or to anyone. He runs the tests he runs, and he runs them the way he sees fit. I have seen him engage in constructive discussion if changes are called for. But I...
  3. J

Hmmm... Not entirely sure of what you are trying to say... My advice remains unchanged. Do your own research. Make sure that anyone's advice you are following is using the product the same way you would use it. If you need more than that, here is another piece of advice - do not be an early...
  4. J

Uhhh... Only voice? Where'd you come up with that? Of all the bizarre comments I have read on this thread, that one stands out as truly strange. And that is saying something. There are many audio reviewers, each with their own methodologies, skills, and yes, even biases. As a consumer it...
  5. J

Wow. The emotion on this thread. And in an earlier one a poor guy getting the smack down for posting a subjective review. Spirit of the Season, I suppose, you know, that season when everyone is usually quite stressed out... I think in the future I will have my browser, between Thanksgiving...
  6. J

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Yeah, I saw that. Just not sure if everyone has done the math. Very small effective load will resut in many cases, possibly violating the spec.
  7. J

You are right - just went back and looked, after I posted that, d’oh. Apologies.
  8. J

Where did you see 14-15 bits? I don’t think so...
  9. J

@AndrewMason - combined as in parallel resistance calculations 1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3, or series Rt = R1 + R2 + R3... makes a big difference, particularly if the impedances involved are low...
  10. J

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

+1 on the question of WHY this would not resolve as well... anyone who has this amp care to comment on your subjective observations? I have not received my Atom yet so I cannot comment.
  11. J

Preview: Monolith by Monoprice Desktop THX Headphone Amp & DAC

Wow, your neighbor has some real people skills... I live up in the foothills east of Redmond and while people live up there at least in part for the privacy and isolation, most are at least tolerant of others... And, yeah, thanks for the observations and impressions even before measurements...
  12. J

Spoken like a true - software - engineer!! :-) :-)
  13. J

Review and Measurements of Neurochrome HP-1 High-Performance Amp

Sure, no problem, can understand! I thought about buying the Massdrop HifiMan XX headphones, but the look of that headband - shudder!! But, the knob seems to have hit almost a primal nerve among some... but, hey, to each their own!!! As to Z... I enjoyed watching him, even if only for...
  14. J

Oh, I agree. The culture here is great. But this seems to have really touched a nerve. And I’m not beyond enjoying watching a little food fight now and then...
  15. J

I am sure I am missing lots of stuff in this whole knob brouhaha... but I have to admit it is some fun to see what I assume are mostly grown men so passionate about a knob... kind of reminds me of watching Zeos... now there is someone with serious issues with knobs. Anyway, I will sit back...
  16. J

If there was a way you could make compromises that reduce the cost, while not compromising your principles or the product, AND at the same time improve design... Given competitive options available, for a product this good, and add in excellent ergonomics/design, I would put down up to $700...
  17. J

Thanks! Will run the DX7S at -6dB FS.
  18. J

Hi ASR people...from Spain

We did, incredibly so. The trip was a birthday present for my wife who picked Sevilla to spend the time in.
  19. J

Thanks! Yes, will be using the balanced connection between dac and amp, so will keep that it mind. Did I read somewhere here on ASR that the DX7S output clips above -7DB? If I turn it down by that much (by running in DAC-HP mode) in order to avoid the dac clipping would that lower voltage at...
  20. J

Is the same true for the DX7S? I intend to pair my 789 with my DX7S... Thank you in advance.
Top Bottom