Search results

1. R

Topping DX3 Pro+

I have a DX3Pro Rev2 and it's been a great unit. My headphones now are all low impedance (Focal Clear) and it looks like the HP output and power on this is much improved. I haven't really been able to compare how they sound on a 1ohm vs 10ohm output- is it really that audible?
  2. R

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

Hey guys can I get some help with a scenario. I currently have the Motu M4 connected to my Focal Shape 50 monitors and using it as a headamp. I am looking at getting the Focal Arche headamp and thinking I can go Motu M4 RCA out to Arche RCA input, then XLR out of that to my monitors. In this...
  3. R

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Quick update - I posted earlier about noticing a difference between the line-out on DX3pro vs my Motu M4 when listening to my power monitors. Well, turns out I had Equalizer APO running on the Dx3pro with a headphone profile! Whoops. Can confirm it now sounds just as good - can't tell any...
  4. R

MOTU M4 interest?

Thanks for that, makes sense! It's no bad thing, these speakers are loud. I would only JUST turn the dial on the M4 and it was above 'quiet', so with XLR it's easier to dial in. On an unrelated note, one my speakers has a lot of white noise - not present on the other speaker. I thought...
  5. R

MOTU M4 interest?

I recently got some new studio monitors (Focal Shape 50) and have been using RCA 1/2 output as I didn't have any balanced cables. Today I received some Mogami XLR-TRS cables and I noticed that using balanced, it's about 5db or so quieter than it was via the RCA outputs. Is that normal? I would...
  6. R

All good :) I don't disagree at all to be honest. I read this a few times on pro reviews and on reddit reviews but I was also seeing comments saying there isn't anything to it, so being the optimist I am, I was preparing for it to be absolutely fine. But yeah...brains! And to be fair, this was...
  7. R

Sorry to cause impending head implosion! Not sure why this upsets you? Ive read quite a lot of reviews stating that the lineout was a let down and tbh I didn't see why that would be the case , but after testing for myself Id now have to agree. The difference to the Motu was evident right away...
  8. R

I just got some new studio monitors (Focal Shape 50) and thought I'd test out the DX3 Pro using the pre line-outs. Whilst it sounded quite good, it was lacking compared to my Motu M4 interface (ESS Sabre 32 DAC). I prefer the DX3 Pro's headphone output to be honest but via line-out it wasn't...
  9. R

Denon AVR-X3500H AVR Review

Does anyone know what the headphone output impedance is?
  10. R

Agree on the 10ohm output change however I've been playing my ATM50 and Elgia which are 35/38ohm and can't find any difference in comparison to my other head amps. If the unit is more stable as a result then its fine with me! So far mine has been working great. Great sound and very good value...
  11. R

How does this perform in line out mode? Any issues? Thinking of putting one of these in my lounge set-up going into my integrated amp.
Top Bottom