Search results

1. sarumbear

Bass traps down the side of cupboards.

In other words a SBA, Single Bass Array, like this.
  2. sarumbear

What Hi-Fi? 2023 Awards are... 72% British.

You are wrong. There’s zero import duty for American or Chinese stereo equipment imported to UK. Check here or search gov.uk
  3. sarumbear

Bass traps down the side of cupboards.

Technically, you can integrate a membrane basstraps or Helmholtz resonators to your cupboards by leaving enough volume behind them. Contrary to what @Bjorn said, you do have a large volume to play with, which is enough to affect bass down to around 40-50Hz. Mind you, I’m talking theoretically...
  4. sarumbear

What Hi-Fi? 2023 Awards are... 72% British.

You may want to check the meaning of British.
  5. sarumbear

BUCKEYEAMPS Hypex NCx500 Amplifier 2channel Review

Not that easy. Read heading 8. https://www.hypex.nl/media/8c/22/86/1646037796/SMPS1200Axx0_10xx.pdf
  6. sarumbear

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/buckeyeamps-hypex-ncx500-amplifier-2channel-review.46971/post-1678206
  7. sarumbear

They said the SMPS will fail if limits are breached. See their notice at the top. He did.
  8. sarumbear

They didn’t say that for the amplifier. They said for the SMPS. Their amplifiers can deliver the rated power if you can cool them. It’s their power supply that is limited. It’s also the power supply that failed in this test. It’s Hypex’s confusing specs that cause the issue. They do not offer...
  9. sarumbear

Not the wrong one but to the correct one as the title clearly says.
  10. sarumbear

The discussion is about the BUCKEYEAMPS' power rating and failure.
  11. sarumbear

Why would I ask them? I should ask the amplifier manufacturer. Its not Hypex is it on the case?
  12. sarumbear

Hence the confusion and incompleteness of the specs.
  13. sarumbear

The SMPS is not the power amplifier. it’s a free standing unit. Do you measure a power amplifier output power by the SPL value of a speaker connected to it? Then why would you measure the power supply output capacity with the power output of the amplifier its feeding?
  14. sarumbear

There it is. I must have missed it. It clearly says the power supply current limit is not protected and if you drain enough power you can damage the unit. As @thin bLue demonstrated.
  15. sarumbear

They save you from DIY. They do the DIY in a larger scale. It’s a way to start but by now they should have taken the responsibilities of a manufacturer themselves.
  16. sarumbear

Am I blind or there is no output current value on that table?
  17. sarumbear

What a brilliant idea! @amirm’s CV should ease the way into manufacturers.
Top Bottom