Search results

1. F

Ground Loop Issue/Question

Got the RCA-to-XLR cables today and the hum from the AVR input is gone! :D Also used RCA-to-XLR between phone preamp and amp but no improvement. With the amp on the input from the phono preamp, turntable OFF and phono preamp ON, I can touch the tonearm and get a buzz from the speakers but there...
  2. F

Don't tell that to my wife! ;) The headphone amp and preamp sections were a nice bonus but not the main considerations, just happened to get a great deal at a show on it. Figured good enough to see if I'd be serious about vinyl before spending more $s on one. Still have my original Revox B-790...
  3. F

Appreciate the assistance! The phono preamp is a Jolida JD9, here is a link to the manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1015268/Jolida-Jd-9.html#manual It does mention that it must be connected via a 3prong plug to a "wall" receptacle or similar heavy-duty source, and to avoid extension...
  4. F

Thanks for all the suggestions! I thought for a couple of days that the issue resolved itself (and it is definitely not as pronounced as earlier), but alas, it's still there. Tried disconnecting the TV, put the amplifier (which turns out to have a 3-wire plug contrary to my drawing) on the same...
  5. F

Common ground, and all outlets should be grounded (house was built 25 years ago), but you never know for sure I suppose. I bought a long power cord to plug the DAC into the same circuit as the AVR/TV, hopefully that will do the trick when I put the AVR inside the cabinet.
  6. F

AVR with Front L/R Pre-Out and Digital Audio Out?

Thanks for the suggestions/replies - I ended up buying an Arcam ARV10 at a good price with a digital audio out port, and it works with audio received via HDMI so all is well!
  7. F

Have not tried disconnecting Input 4 as I believe the loop is formed via the RCA connection (AVR to Amp and Amp to DAC), but now the "problem" is that I cannot re-create the hum. I tried it twice yesterday, re-establishing all the connections and hum was there loud and clear. That even gave me...
  8. F

Thanks! I have one of those in the basement, finding it will be the challenge.
  9. F

Hi, I tried to hook up my new AVR as follows: When I watch a movie from Apple TV and select Input 6 on my Amp, I get hum/noise through the front speakers (IIRC even if I pause the movie). Disconnecting the HDMI output to the TV stops the noise, I'm suspecting because I may have a ground loop...
  10. F

Help: Marantz NR1711 receiver shut down after 5 mins (not overheating)

Darn, just when I narrowed my choice down to this model I find these posts! Anyone have similar problems with the NR1711 or other slim-line Marantz models and/or know what is causing this behavior? Maybe I'm better off sticking with a full size unit like the Integra 2.4.
  11. F

Integra DRX 2.4 vs Integra DRX 3.4

I've narrowed my choice down to one of these as both have front L/R pre-out and apparently much of the same remaining features except for Dirac (let me know if I'm missing anything). This setup is used mainly for watching youtube and TV so not a typical HT setup (no center speaker as we have no...
  12. F

Integra DRX 2.4 vs Denon AVR-X4700H

You specify that you do NOT have a center speaker and the receiver will send the center signal to the front L/R speakers to simulate a center speaker. In my case, I have a mediocre center speaker but it will sit behind the TV with the new front speakers, and I think the front speakers will do a...
  13. F

I'm not familiar with those features (in the Denon, I presume).
  14. F

Denon has Audyssey which I thought is excellent as well, though admittedly I read that a few years back. Integra has a voice enhancer but not sure that will work with phantom center, and $200 less than the Denon. Is Dirac in the 3.4 worth an extra $500 over the 2.4?
  15. F

Actually shows $1300 for me, but Safe and Sound has it for $1200. Any reason you favor the Integra over the Denon?
  16. F

Need to replace a 5.2 receiver with one that has front L/R pre-out and has a phantom center speaker feature. No other fancy features needed though decent room correction software would be nice. Reliability, ease of use, and length of warranty are important. Using this in a 2 story living room...
  17. F

Funny you mentioned slimline avrs, just looked at the Emotiva BasX MC1 but at $1100 vs $1500 for a Denon X4700 I'll go for the latter. You may be correct about the DRM, though LG says you can connect their TV to a sound bar via optical or HDMI ARC.
  18. F

Turns out my TV has an HDMI ARC port that I may be able to use to send the audio to a Bluesound Node so that may work in conjunction with a new receiver that has front pre-out.
  19. F

Hi, Just got new speakers and want to use them in my living room in double-duty mode with my 5.0 surround setup and a 2-channel setup. My older receiver does not have any pre-outs so that can be changed out for a suitable new AVR or processor or whatever works. Center speaker sits behind the TV...
  20. F

Which integrated amplifier under 600 ?

Based on your narratives for the amps in contention I'd say the Rotel is your preferred choice. Re: measurements, short of some fundamental design flaw they are overrated unless you really push the equipment (:eek: I know some here may disagree), and honestly at this price point I would not...
Top Bottom