Search results

1. 6

Mismatched Subs for 2.2 Nearfield?

Hello, I picked up another sub at an auction, a Totem Thunder with a 10" active and 2 x 10" passives. My current sub is an M&K MX-200 isobaric dual 12" sitting under my desk. Because I have nothing better to do with it for now (besides selling it for more gear!) would there be any issues dual...
  2. 6

M&K S125/MX-200 vs JBL 530/Bic F12?

My current nearfield desk system is JBL Studio 530s and a BIC F12 sub running off an SMSL AO200. I have an opportunity to pick up a set of Miller & Kreisel speakers with two S-125, an S-125C center, and an MX-200 push pull dual sub. Dollars aside, would the M&K be an upgrade, side grade, or...
  3. 6

Two DACs or Preamp or...?

I have been chasing down a ground loop and decided I just to go balanced. My current setup is PC (APO Equalizer) --> USB --> E30 DAC --> RCA --> L30 headphone amp --> RCA --> Sabaj A20a. I have a "work from home" setup and like listening to the speakers instead of headphones. What I like...
  4. 6

Cheap/Free/Inexpensive Improvements in Sound Quality?

For those of us in the nosebleed section of quality audio, what did you find that was surprisingly inexpensive that surprisingly improved your audio experience? For me, it was: 1) moving from my old MP3s from Napster (yes, I'm that old) to FLAC 2) Toeing in my nearfield speakers, putting them...
  5. 6

L30, Crackling, Sy-DAC1002 Question

I’m a DAC/amp newb who just put together a desktop system. While troubleshooting crackling in my newly built system I ran across something I can’t explain. I play 44Khz 16 bit FLAC files from my PC through USB to a Topping E30. The E30 was connected to a SY-DAC1002 amp via RCA, then out to...
Top Bottom