Search results

1. L

The Vandersteen Treo CTs, diminishing returns, and the end of (audio) history

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you look around a room and realize, “I don’t belong here and everybody knows it.”? Growing up lower-middle class in the US and being in constant economic peril until about the age of 30, I sure have. This is the story of how a pair of speakers...
  2. L

ARC / eARC enabled DAC?

Hello, I was unclear where to put this, but here goes: I currently have a THX Onyx and a Topping E50. Both work great, but I'm looking for a device which can preserve ARC and/or eARC volume control. Basically I'd like to be able to use my Apple TV 4K (2021) controller as I do now, without...
  3. L

WTB: 100wpc+ amp with attenuation

Looking for a 100wpc+ power amplifier with the ability to change gain or attenuate somehow. I’d like something that measures well and is small. Something similar to the PA5. I’ll be powering Vandersteen Treo CTs and it’ll be fed directly by a DAC/pre. I’d like to keep this around $250, but...
  4. L

Onkyo D-77RX : the best speakers you didn’t know existed (subjective)

Note: this is a subjective review, however I will update with REW in the next few days when my laptop is home from work. Man o’ man, I didn’t need another set of speakers (as evidenced by the surrounding sets pictured below), but these Onkyo D-77RX are close to GOAT status to my ears. Got them...
  5. L

Subwoofer amplifier for a BIG sub

Hi all, on a lark I find myself the proud owner of an RBH SV-1212NR subwoofer. This thing is 38” tall, weighs 110lbs, and is completely passive. I’ve got a lot of questions, but the two most pressing are these: 1) I’m using a XLS 1502 in bridged mode. The sub is rated for up to 2400W, so the...
  6. L

Audyssey to REW and back “feedback loop”

Hi all, I’ve only seen this method outlined in this thread: https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/the-audyssey-multeq-editor-app-users-thread-with-facts-and-tips.118005/ Basically, you take a Audyssey XT32 measurement and upload the results to your pc. Then you take a REW reading with...
  7. L

The Canton CT-120s are the best speakers I’ve ever heard and I’m kinda sad about it (completely subjective)

The title of the post is the conclusion of the review, so if you’re not looking to read a mid-pandemic speaker fanatic wax philosophical about “audiophilia” and maybe realize the pursuit of audio perfection is futile, you can stop here. However, if you too spend an inordinate amount of time...
  8. L

Canton CT-120 speaker information?

Hello all, I am going to check out a pair of these locally and I was wondering if anybody could find a review or any driver information on them. It’s crazy how this speaker is memory holed online. There is this single audio karma thread and that’s about it. They were apparently the TOTL...
  9. L

Triangle Borea Br08 floorstanding speaker review

It’s not often I purchase gear on a whim. I’m a cheap bastard after all, however when Adorama had the Triangle BR08s on sale for $900 a pair, I just kind of clicked “buy”. I’d seen a ton of reviews for the BR03 all saying essentially, these are the new kings of budget audio (inevitably to be...
  10. L

I feel like HEOS is overlooked!

Hi all, I have now owned 3 Denon / Marantz receivers with HEOS (3500, 3600, and SR6012). I always discounted it as a solution for the lazy or as a Sonos replacement, never thinking it was up to snuff for my “serious” (lol) listening practices. I previously used a Chromecast Audio into a DAC...
Top Bottom