Search results

1. Helicopter

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

They also say the flax, Kevlar, and slate drivers are all sonically different, and there is probably a tiny bit of inaudible but still real difference. The only important differences are cosmetic in those thin layers, and likewise in these headphones. Some consumers will "upgrade" and Focal have...
  2. Helicopter

SoundArtist ("BBC") LS3/5A Speaker Review

Wow. That dip in impedance is the icing on the cake. Even if you don't care about fidelity, these aren't suitable electronically for use in many of the systems where they are likely deployed.
  3. Helicopter

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

I bought one of these to use as a preprocessor with buckeye nc502 amps, rythmik e15 subs and focal in wall speakers. I ran the audessey setup and obviously the speakers and amps are wired correctly. However, I can't get any sound except for the built in TV speakers. Source is a Sony Blu ray...
  4. Helicopter

Bose QuietComfort 45 Headphone Review

And they could have saved a buck if they had made it BT-only with nothing but a charge port and an antenna.
  5. Helicopter

GR Research LGK 2.0 Speaker Review (A Joke)

I've thought about building something out of cardboard, and then perhaps covering it with epoxy soaked strips of polar fleece. I haven't done it because I just like working with plywood.
  6. Helicopter

Recommend me Rythmic Subs for Surround System

I ordered 2 more Focal 300 IW LCR 3-ways for the front left and right channels.
  7. Helicopter

I went ahead and ordered 2 buckeye 6 channel nc252mp amps to run the speakers.
  8. Helicopter

Thanks. This is super helpful. My budget is pretty flexible. Bass performance is important and I'd like reference levels, also I don't want to upgrade the subs later. I feel like Rythmic is the sweet spot in terms of value. I find the in wall speakers on the market to be a bit disappointing...
  9. Helicopter

I decided to build another dedicated space, but for multichannel and movies. I am doing 7.1.4 or 7.2.4 Here is what I've got so far: Room: 18x22x8 room with audio closet and an open stairwell going up from basement. Concrete slab over sand, 3 concrete walls, one studded wall. Rockwool sound...
  10. Helicopter

Need help from hifi anonymous to not buy Focal Aria 948

Why not just add a subwoofer or two to the existing setup to boost the low end? Even in my 500m^2 room, if I had 926 already, I would probably just get some subs and a good electric crossover of some sort.
  11. Helicopter

Willsenton R8

If the devices are actually transmitting a signal on all three wires then you should get better noise rejection and more voltage. The noise rejections doesn't really matter in a domestic setting. The higher voltage should, and in many cases, does, lead to better SINAD. I wouldn't necessarily...
  12. Helicopter

Willsenton R8

I like XLR connectors better than RCA/phono connectors. For me, that is an advantage. They are economical and robust. Not sure how far the 'balanced' circuit of the R8 goes. It may just go to the input connector.
  13. Helicopter

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

You are better off with the digital inputs on the A30 because the weakest potential point in the system is the A30's analog input. That said, everything is competently done on both devices, so if you want to use the other features of the 2i2, the A30's analog inputs aren't bad, they just aren't...
  14. Helicopter

Wild places, post em if you got em...

I recognize it. Byron glacier.
  15. Helicopter

Bose adds customizable EQ to its QuietComfort 45 headphones

Haha, no. they're probably burried in the pile. My QC35 is still going strong, so I haven't rushed him at all. It's only been like 15 months or so. :) Saving me money because I usually offer to drop ship him something else I want to see measured as soon as the last thing I sent gets tested. I...
  16. Helicopter

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

Yes. There is no 500Hz cuttoff or other corresponding filter on the speaker terminals.
  17. Helicopter

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Funny that Windows 7 was better than Windows 8 and the 3700 was better than the 3800. Does this mean Denon will follow suit to upgrade the 3800 to a 3900 by making it like the 3700 again? ;)
  18. Helicopter

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

I am still 'yes, but'... but the yes part is stronger now.
  19. Helicopter

Yeah. It is the lower distortion that differentiates the Utopia, but only in highs, or loud bass, so it is a subtle difference. Clear are a way better value.
  20. Helicopter

I have a pair of these too, but I am waiting to have my audiologist friend help me pick tips before listening.
Top Bottom